How do you keep track of your stash? 🧐

So… do you keep track of your stash? And if so - how? :face_with_monocle:

Are you a physical/digital notebook/spreadsheet kind of person?

11 Likes

I don’t have a way I keep my stash- I kinda just toss my yarn in a box in the corner of my room :sweat_smile: I’m very interested in how others keep their stash since I’ve been thinking about organizing it!

5 Likes

And how do you keep track of your inventory? If at all :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I use large clear tubs to store my stash, keeping different textures together. I used to use rav.elry to track my stash but no longer use that. I would be very interested in a way that you will provide. :grin: I have a massive stash and it’s been very neglected.

4 Likes

Do you sort them by color/weight or not really? :relaxed: @HookedOnCotton

2 Likes

Sadly, I don’t keep track of my inventory either :pensive: which is actually a big problem of mine, I’ll buy yarn that I thought I didn’t have and ended up having it at the bottom of my box. I love @HookedByMarilyn ideas about providing a way on here to keep track of our stashes!!

4 Likes

I keep track of my stash by sorting them into a handful of groups:

1. Bin #1 is full of regular worsted weight (usually single colors and usually acrylic but there are some striped/speckled ones in there as well)
  2. Bin #2 is full of specialty yarns, which consists of sparkly yarns and yarn that I got from special yarn stores, as well as heat insulator yarns
  3. Bin #3 is full of mostly worsted cotton yarn but there’s some other acrylic and blanket yarn in there
  4. Bin #4 is full of other specialty yarn like yarn I splurged on and random little balls of worsted weight yarn I threw in, also, yarn that I got for making a granny square afghan that I haven’t gotten around to getting very far yet because of other projects :joy:
  5. Basket #1 is full of thick blanket yarn and any extra yarn
  6. Basket #2 is full of random skeins (yes full-on skeins :joy:) and balls of yarn
  7. Basket #3 is full of other specialty yarn and some finished projects, also random things like my flute are there :joy:
  8. There’s also a bin full of finished projects (and parts of projects like granny squares :wink:) and also some WIPs I’ve forgotten about :joy:
    There you have it, my massive stash and obsession with yarn! :joy: :wink: :joy:
5 Likes

Basket #3 is full of surprises :rofl:

Sounds like a useful way of sorting! Do you know how many balls/skeins you have in total? :astonished:

2 Likes

Yes. Both if I have more than a tubful of one type. I have them in different sections of my basement. Blanket yarn in one corner, wool in another, red heart and cotton along another wall, Massive amounts. I need to work with bulkier yarn to make it not look so … huge. It’s a good problem for me to have!

3 Likes

Oh my gosh I have no idea :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

That’s cool! so you pretty much know exactly where to reach when you start a new project!

3 Likes

:see_no_evil: :sweat_smile:
@NoKittenAroundStudio

2 Likes

I don’t lol, I just keep sections of it around the house and sometimes in the floor :sweat_smile::joy::rofl:🥲

5 Likes

This is just the Bernat blanket yarn. Some other bulky yarn in front of it that my sister just gave me.

Red heart and cotton got clustered together. :frowning:

Softee Chunky and wool. (this is only half). I just bought more tubs to put the rest in (hopefully).

6 Likes

We’ve all been there :joy: :no_mouth: @crochetmineshop

3 Likes

Wow - great job! @HookedByMarilyn

3 Likes

Bruh that’s a lotta yarn, somewhat jealous :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

3 Likes

Most of my stash is separated by color. I use an old entertainment center with multiple cubbyholes to separate things along with several totes.

I also have bags with yarn and pattern ready to go for a specific projects. :wink:

3 Likes

@NoKittenAroundStudio :joy::joy: at first I was thinking how organized and then each container was a little less organized until I read your flute in one and I burst out laughing :joy:. A woman after my own heart ;).

4 Likes

@HookedByMarilyn wow, nice and easy to see what you have with the clear totes.

3 Likes