How many projects do you have at a time?

Yea, like maybe like 1-2, 2-3 or 3-4 projects at a time

I have a scrunchie I just gave up on, when it goes all the way around the hair tie

And then the better different design scrunchie which I was planning a second round on the frills

And I’m making a bee and a bow now

7 Likes

Omg i do this all the time :weary::weary: rn I have I think 8 crochet projects and then like 5 knitting projects it’s so hard for me to finish them :sob:. Luckily for me I do this as a hobby and don’t sell so I don’t have a deadline for any of them except for one that’s a gift

8 Likes

Sometimes we start something and we get bored with it at some point in its progress. I do better when there’s a challenge. For the first time, this year, I get bored with blankets so I moved onto making toys, booties for babies, items for layettes for my great- grandchildren. Some amigurumi for a quick dopamine rush from finishing something. In between all that a few rows of blankets here and there.
Rarely, if ever have i sat down with one project and finished it before starting another.
I don’t think the creative process proceeds in a linear fashion. What I mean is creativity doesn’t follow A then B then C then D then E. It’s more like E E B C A E E D.

11 Likes

Looks like it’s got pollen in the wool

My sister wants me to make her a bee army :honeybee:

8 Likes

I currently have 2 right now, (technicallly 3) but I ran out of yarn for 1 almost for the other and I just started my other one last night

6 Likes

Oh my gosh i’m the exact same way! I get easily bored so i’ll do some work one for a couple hours and then pull out another! I think I have at least four projects i’m working on currently :joy:

7 Likes

This is why I love motif style items… Like a blanket made of squares (whether the same square or a mixture of designs)… Instant gratification when you complete each motif, that can be joined to make a large item! :grin:

5 Likes

I always tell people that I have startitis… I want to start all the new things! I need to see if someone can infect me with finishitis! :rofl:

8 Likes

6 Likes

OMG same :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

I tend to have several too haha! One or two are long projects, and then I’ll start and finish several small projects while working on the long projects. Once something is put in a drawer or out of site though, it gets forgotten and doesn’t count in the list of projects.

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :joy:

7 Likes

Isso é super normal, fica tranquila. Eu geralmente tenho 3 a 4 ao mesmo tempo, assim não canso das cores.
Isso é coisa de quem faz croche, trico…

5 Likes

Heheh I’m not officially diagnosed adhd but I believe I am so along with other stuff possible

Anyways. Lol I feel the too many things at once struggle
Atm I have a temp blanket, a bee bag test, a sweater vest test, a doll outfit test, and a shawl I need to do the finishing touches on that I finally finished recently. Oh and a top I have to add a little more to the back to make it where I’d where it.
All these are like in progress not including wips put off to the side for now and all the projects I have gotten the yarn for and haven’t even gotten chance to start.
And my desire to start a knitting project so badly
And that I’ll get a spur in the moment mood and start and finish a project in one day. A good amount of time it be one I’m making up.

Lol lol lol :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Yes, super normal in my opinion.

5 Likes

uhhhhh like more than i can rember

7 Likes

I’m not sure if it counts, but making granny squares has been a great way to get that ‘I finished a thing’ dopamine hit!

I have several cross stitching projects on the go, but only two that I tend to stick to. Right now I have one movie poster sized Good Omens cross stitch as my long term project and a much smaller Our Flag Means Death one in the short term.

I have yarn that I want to turn into a pair of socks, but I’m still a bit intimidated by it. Making socks feels like an Olympic level project to me right now :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: auto-correct

7 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

I could have written this myself! Glad to see I’m not the only one that struggles.with it.

I myself, can only have 3-4 projects on the go, max! Amy more and it’s too much for me :joy: get totally overwhelmed and go in a huff and don’t do anything at all :joy:

2 Likes

I would say I usually have 1-3 going at a time. Often I start things for myself and someone will ask for something so I stop what I’m making myself and make something for my friends/family.

2 Likes