How to gift pattern

I recently bought a pattern as a gift to my granddaughter.
How can I share this pattern to her, please ?

6 Likes

To keep designers compensation fair patterns are personal per account. To gift a pattern please use the gift option when purchasing.

6 Likes

Gift option is this gift box icon

4 Likes

The gifting of a pattern only works between members.
You can purchase a pattern as a gift by using the gift feature and specifying the other member as the recipient of the gift.
In order to prevent the poaching of designers intellectual property, the patterns can not be “shared”

5 Likes

I totally agree with this and I never “share patterns with friends”.
But I did’nt know that I could not send the pattern “as a gift” to my granddaughter.
So I lost 5 € . Thats make me sad. :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

If you contact the designer and explain, they may gift one to your granddaughter (provided she’s on ribblr) or help you in some other way.
Because of the closed ecosystem of ribblr being very different from other platforms, situations like this do happen from time to time.

5 Likes

If you don’t access your account you may pass it on to your granddaughter

5 Likes

Thank you ! Possibly I’ll try contacting the designer.
But first I will ask my daughter to translate my problem and the question. ( I am Dutch speaking)

I made an account on ribble specially for this pattern. For me, I can’t knit anymore ( osteoarthritis hand ).
As a new member, I didn’t know anything about the closed system.

4 Likes

Hi again!
If you made the account specifically for buying, you can pass it on to your graddaughter and we can help her change her details on the account.

FIY - you can still gift patterns on Ribblr without being a member, as long as the recipient is.

3 Likes