how to prevent slanting?

how do i keep my stitches from slanting so much? i’m already yarning under and it hasn’t helped

12 Likes

There isnt anyway to stop it. I find that I soemtimes have to change the colro apttern to maek it look normal.

7 Likes

What I find reduces the amount of slanting, is when you come to the end of a round sl st to the first st then chain one and start the next round. If find that this helps with traveling seams and to some extent the slanting.

9 Likes

You could try using the waistcoat stitch in areas where you need the colours to line up. The other thing you could do is to chain 1 and turn at the end of every row, which will negate the slant but it also creates a different look.

5 Likes

When you crochet in spiral the stitches will naturally slant. One thing I like to do is design around it and use it to my advantage. Another thing you can do is try crocheting with a seam which means you end each round with a sl st and a chain. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

you can try going in just thr front loop for the second color, but it doesn’t always work

2 Likes

Apparently working in the front loop only does fix this. I’m not sure if it makes the stitches too loose, that’s always a problem when I work in the front or back loop. I personally haven’t tried it yet, but I’ve seen it a few places now. It may be worth a try!

1 Like