How to remove a post in my makes

I am new to this site and have posted in my makes by mistake can anyone please tell how to remove the post. Thank you

3 Likes

I donā€™t think you can, but you can set that journal to private for now and message the ribblr team for help

3 Likes

but if itā€™s a journal for a make, that is supped to be there. ā€œjournalsā€ and ā€œmakesā€ are the same thing and most designers want you to leave a public journal on a pattern you tested so it shows up on the pattern when other people click on itā€¦ it serves as a review

3 Likes

Hi!
All you need to do is set your journal to private. Go into the pattern, click on the journal icon, and then at the bottom of each journal post there will be a spot where you can chose it to be public or private.

Hope this helps, have a wonderful day!

:orange_heart:Nicole

3 Likes

my caution was because it looked like it might have been for a tester call and that would stink if it were in exchange for the pattern then they removed it

3 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s what I was thinking after you mentioned it. I wonder a lot when people ask to remove a journal. It seems so odd to me.

2 Likes

maybe this should be made a suggestion, to make the review journals permanently attached to the designers patterns (for cases such as just this, because itā€™s happened to me as well) the same as a a paid pattern being permanently attached to a member even if I close my shop and unpublish all my patterns @Ribblr Could it be added to the list of designer wants, pretty please?

4 Likes

Yeah, I think it should be. Itā€™s just like, what is it, Yelp? The owners of the business are not able/allowed to remove reviews.

3 Likes

I thought you did keep patterns you bought if the designers deleted of left ribblr?
Someone mentioned a while ago and they said the patterns are not removed from the purchaser but maybe I picked up something wrong.
It seems really mean to remove a tester journal after doing the test unless it was linked to designers not giving access to finished patterns and removing testers.
I hope none of that is whats happening here.

3 Likes

Hey! Patterns are not removed from libraries either way. Hope that make it clearer :blush:

4 Likes

@Ribblr, read that again. I never said patterns were erased. I said that journals should have the same permanence as patterns

3 Likes

Read that again, I never said that patterns are erased, I said that journals should be permanent the same way patterns are

4 Likes

Even on Google you canā€™t remove your review, only edit or update it. But here, there is no way to ensure that we get to keep the review and there is no way to keep the photo of the finished make attached to the pattern. Add that to the rule that there will only ever be one journal per pattern we are already limited

5 Likes

Thank you all for your replies. My problem is with My Makes. I did a test for someone and posted it as something I had made, now it has a tag on it as if I want to sell it and I donā€™t. Thatā€™s why I was looking to remove it as I donā€™t want to upset the designer. From the title of the post I thought it was somewhere to keep a record of things I made and that is all I wanted to do. You have all been very kind and helpful and for that I thank you all. I think I will have to ask admin how to solve this

4 Likes

Itā€™s only a prompt that you can sell it. But if you didnā€™t set it up for sale then it isnā€™t on sale. It remains a make which includes your journal notes. Those can be made public or private.

4 Likes

Thank you so much I thought I had done something wrong and didnā€™t want to offend or upset the person I tested for. I was panicking that I would be off to a bad start with the group

5 Likes

I know, itā€™s confusing that they call them both and use them as both. The journal you write is your experience and notes, and your review of the pattern, and the listing if you want to sell it. BTW you can sell any make unless the designer set it otherwise in the pattern. That was their responsibility to turn it on or off. All makes are automatically credited to the designer and if you were to sell the make, the designer would get a royalty from it.

5 Likes

I was referring to this part. I assumed you mentioned because you wanted it to be the same but wanted to clarify but you meant it was already this way and you want journals to be the same

3 Likes

I said that the journals should be permanent the same as the patterns are permanent
That was broken by a point saying that this is the exact reason why that was in parentheses, but I most certainly said that patterns are permanent

3 Likes

You can also delete an entry in the journal (I did it yesterday)

3 Likes