I feel like I’ve been inactive on here!

I’ve still checked ribblr everyday, but I haven’t been active on here or even crocheting recently due to lack of sales! No matter how hard I try to sell my plushies or show anything I’ve made that I’m really really proud of it doesn’t get seen by Instagram! I don’t know if it is because I don’t have an online “shop” like Etsy or Kofi or anything like that, or people just don’t like what I make :sob: anyways sorry for kind of ranting has anyone else had this issue?
Here is a few of the things I made that hasn’t really gotten shown to people by Instagram

25 Likes

All of this is super cute. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I find Instagram such a struggle lately. It feels like a lot of work for nothing. I’ve started focusing more on TikTok and Twitter!

11 Likes

Instagram is hard :sob: it is the only social media I have right now and the posts and projects I put the most work into get the least amount of views and things that take me no time to make get more attention :confused: the thing is that I don’t want to make only simple little projects so it is a struggle to figure the algorithm/what projects people are interested in :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

Those look adorable, even though I follow you on insta, the algorithm just decided not to show the posts :slightly_frowning_face:

I know not having much sales can be demotivating but your work really looks great :purple_heart:

9 Likes

Thank you :sparkling_heart: that’s weird! I have also lost some followers as well for seemingly no reason :woman_shrugging: I post regularly too :frowning:

8 Likes

These are awesome! I tried to pick my favorite and failed (It might be the bee though, don’t tell the others. lol) Glad to see your face! (Username? Yeah, username! :sweat_smile: :joy: :love_letter: )
I hope you had a super duper fun time working these up :slight_smile: They’re wonderful.

9 Likes

Thank you! Username is @sierracrochets07

8 Likes

So far I’ve lost around 15 followers in the past weeks. It doesn’t make sense to me :woman_shrugging: Is this happening to anyone else???

9 Likes

I think your reels on Instagram are great! My personal opinion—Instagram is making it difficult for small business owners as Instagram doesn’t make any money off those accounts- just the accounts that have a large following that have advertising attached to them. Advertising that is paid for.

9 Likes

Thank you :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

call your local Chamber of Commerce (High Schools sometimes do craft fairs for the extra money) see if the Chamber of Commerce can tell you who has craft fairs in the fall or on toward Christmas. Craft Fairs have a registration fee, but they don’t take any percentages. choose the one or ones you are interested in and crochet like mad until the show. I’ve done a few myself years ago. Check with them to see if a table you can set up on is part of the fee or if you have to provide your own. Talk with others who have done shows about how much to bring to make change, and don’t accept any bills larger than a $20.00 bill. The shows usually get a large cross section of people and other than set up and take down (:stuck_out_tongue:) are fun and sales are usually pretty good. Something to think about. If you make a choice, register early so you get a good spot.

9 Likes

I have done the craft fairs before, and I did really well! I am stocking up on things I make for one in September :relaxed: I am not getting any online or local sales right now but I’m hoping to get a lot of sales in a couple months :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

I definitely think if you test some patterns for those with more followers on IG then you’ll get more interactions cause they will tag you and then their followers will hopefully check out ur acc or go for the aesthetic type of amigurumi like boba tea and strawberries and stuff like that or just be your authentic self as everyone loves original accounts and maybe use felt people really like felt nowadays or just felts smiles, they are still really cute and you don’t have to use felt if you don’t want to. Also use a lot of hashtags like a lot a lot

Hope this helps.
Happy Crocheting. :blush:

8 Likes

Oh my goodness those are all so cute! Please don’t give up. I haven’t been active on here much either.

5 Likes

7 Likes

I think the craft fairs do better because they get to see and feel the craft (the cuteness factor for impulse buying), there’s no shipping and handling, and no waiting at your mailbox to arrive ;).

8 Likes

I was just thinking “even though I check everyday, I have been so inactive”… So seeing your post was timely… However my reasoning was different (won’t derail your topic with it)… But as to your reason… Girl, sales are HARD! You have great work, please don’t question that. But as others have mentioned, Instagram isn’t set for small businesses who don’t advertise… And unfortunately craft based businesses are flooding the Internet right now, so you are competing against a LOT of others trying to do the same thing… The best advice I can give you is: keep trying, don’t let this deter you… It won’t happen overnight, but you can be successful
:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Love You Hug GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

10 Likes

9 Likes

These are so adorable :heart:Unfortunately even the well known makers are having a tough time and their sales have fallen so much. Insta has changed and we see so many reels all the time it’s infuriating. I like to see the people I follow and even I hv to go into their individual posts because I miss out so much. Can you make some reels? Don’t give up these are just adorable xx

8 Likes

I love the water-fly’s wings

8 Likes