I feel this in my soul

18 Likes

yes my history teacher wants me to make him a bucket hat and he wants a yellow version and I said I don´t have that color and he was like ill buy the yarn for you and ill pay you 10 it took me a couple hours and I don´t really want to make it but I couldn’t say that because he will be like why why not and this is what i was thinking

7 Likes

I feel ya, I’m 55 now and I’ve spent the last 15 years speaking my mind- Would have told him “No thank you, but I don’t want to… " If they press further I say " I want it to be a hobby I enjoy on my terms, not a job I dread on your terms.”

6 Likes

yea but im only 13 and ihave been crocheting for about 2 years now and that was my first ever hat I made and I dont even know what pattern i used.

5 Likes

tenor5

5 Likes

Somone saw my super bright kaliedoscope poncho, and BEGGED for me to make them one.
In black.
Completely in black.

Worse: it was my sons bff who he secretly had a crush on.
Soooo, he wanted it too.

Black?
The entire thing in ONE color, and that color is BLACK?!

I bore sooooo easily with one color or one stitch…
For me?
No.

BUT…I don’t do commission work.
I am too cranky.

youtube

6 Likes

Luckily I haven’t been asked…. For crocheting… but for sewing yes… I think is part of the reason why I don’t sew as much.

4 Likes

Love this reply!

4 Likes

i absolutely feel you. i hate to say no to family but sometimes you just dont want too. this is part of the reason i dont crochet in front of them that often.

4 Likes

i want to crochet bc its fun, not bc i want money.

4 Likes

Is there a crochet/knitting version of @canyousewthisforme on Instagram? They are a funny account run by a sewist who accepts post submissions of people overstepping a sewist’s boundaries, but also of sewists standing up for themselves and respectful experiences between the sewist and the other person called “sweets”. If you enjoy their posts too, please reply to my comment!

4 Likes

Never heard of that account but it sounds like a lot of fun!
@destinylangara

3 Likes