I find that most people here crochet.

I generally only see posts made about crochet, and I need to figure out why. I have many friends that can crochet, including myself, but my grandma is the only person I know who can knit. Is this because knitting is more of an old lady thing? Am I just not seeing the knitting, sewing, and embroidery? Give me your best guess.

14 Likes

I think it’s simply the aestheticization of crochet on TikTok and other platforms. People who learned from their grandparents published it on TikTok and it blew up from there and now we have kits and patterns and lots of crocheters. Knitting didn’t have that treatment, so it stays in the back of the public eye. Many people knit, it’s just that people dont find it as romantic as crochet.

7 Likes

I knit, sew, and crochet, but I like crocheting best and do it the most so that’s what I post about.
It’s just personal preference
Maybe try checking out the knitting space?
Knitting :yarn:

4 Likes

I do crochet, knitting and embroidery myself, though currently I find crochet to be most fun with the projects I’ve found.

3 Likes

Thanks for all of your great responses!

4 Likes

I knit and crochet but predominantly crochet

1 Like

I don’t think it is something just for older people. I crochet and knit and am only 35. My oldest daughter just crochet, but my youngest also do both and she is 12. I guess knitting is more something you pass on because it’s harder to learn on your own.

2 Likes

I kinda know how to knit but I hate it. I have been crocheting for about 8 or so years and I think that it is more versatile. I can make whatever I want, clothes, bags, amigurumi (my favorite!). I’ve been crocheting since I was like 6 so that was before the crochet tik toks but yeah I love crocheting!:yellow_heart: