I have a stupid question

Ok hello people!!! So this is a kind of dumb question because I feel like everyone’s been doing them and everyone probably knows what it is but… what is a collab? I keep seeing testers for collab patterns but I honestly don’t know what that is. :sob::rofl:

16 Likes

a collab is when 2 (or more) people work on a pattern together!

8 Likes

It’s where people work with someone else to create something :blush:

6 Likes

For the collabs that I am a part of, there is a theme and a group chat! You may have just seen NessCat’s tester call for the candy collab. I’m in that one as well! Basically we bounce ideas off of each other and then collaborate on the designs. It’s really fun if you want to jump into designing more patterns!:yellow_heart:

8 Likes

A collab (short for collaboration) is a group project. In the design world it usually means two or more people are blending their styles to create something new and even cooler that draws on and balances the strengths of both contributors.
On Ribblr it can be used that way when a couple of designers are working on a project together, but I also see a lot of group collabs where everyone is doing their own thing as part of a themed collection. Hope this helps!

6 Likes

Now i feel stupid what is a collab :joy: :rofl: im going to check the comments :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

There is no such thing as a stupid or dumb question. If you don’t know the answer then you need to ask the question.

5 Likes

Thank you all so much, it makes sense to me now!!! :heart_hands::grin:

3 Likes