I have friends who want to Crochet

Any tips for how to teach/learn crochet? My brother and my friends are asking me to teach them but idk how to teach crochet.

9 Likes

Probably just take it slow and dont rush or get upset/stressed if you dont get it right away

5 Likes

I tried teaching some kids and my sisters how to crochet, it didn’t really work out. I have an after-school crochet club where I teach the people to crochet, they are slowly getting it but the best I would say is teach them how to hold the hook and yarn properly first because if not they will hold it their own way and it’ll get them more confused when your trying to teach them basic stitches

3 Likes

good to know! ty!

2 Likes

yeah… it more likely that they’d get mad at me for being confusing… :joy:

2 Likes

WOOBLES. Thats how i learned, its amazing

2 Likes

You could use the kit to explain how

2 Likes

ok! im self taught so i wasnt sure how real the woobles commercials/videos were

3 Likes

Totally real. They have a left and right handed version, and a step by step video for E V E R Y T H I N G

3 Likes

yessss

2 Likes

Find a YouTube video that works well for both of you. That way they can see what is going on. I taught my granddaughter by using the YouTube channel on TV. The picture is bigger for them to see and follow.
Good luck :four_leaf_clover::+1:!

2 Likes

Let them watch the woobles!! It helpful my younger sister learn how to crochet a chain LOL shes been begging me!!!

3 Likes

I’ve taught some of my friends and here’s my advice:
Start with easy sc rows, not amigurumi. After they get a hang of sc and how the yarn tension works, it’s easier to teach magic rings, inc, dec, and so on.

Don’t show them with your own project, help them start theirs and guide their hands. It’s much easier to be shown exactly how to do it yourself.

Try to choose good yarn. Plushie yarn or yarn that frays easily is usually very difficult for a beginner.

Use the recommended hook size at first. It makes the stitches a bit more visible and easier to crochet in to, opposed to tight stitches.

Watch their every move :smiley: my friends just love it when I stare at them creepily-
But it is helpful to catch their mistakes before they go on thinking it’s correct

5 Likes

To be fair tho, I make like 10 times more mistakes when someone watches me lol

2 Likes