I need help 😀

OK. I am trying to make a HUGE restock for an upcoming market and I was wondering what y’all do to help focus, what’s the best selling thing, and how should I price my plushies?? Im what you would call :sparkles:undereducated​:sparkles:

10 Likes

to focus i just put on an interesting YouTube video that’s about an hour long so that way i have something interesting to listen to while i work. i haven’t done a market myself but i hear that bees, leggy frogs, and whales sell pretty well. as for pricing, i think a standard way is the cost of materials + your hourly rate =final price although i normally just make up a random price depending on how big it is/how long it took to make

3 Likes

I like watching market prep/market vlogs/crochet vlogs by either crochetbygenna, Reigning Charmz, camrynscutecreations, or Hooks and Heelers. It keeps me so motivated!
Best selling items…don’t even get me started! No-sew octos are so quick to make and they sell really well. I like the pattern for the 10 minute octo by sweet softies. I also make lots of little penguins (pattern by me!) and they sell good. in terms of slightly bigger patterns, I like the nosew MINI turtle pattern by The Friendly Red Fox (she has a bigger 1 hour turtle, and a mini one, i like the mini one.) In general small plushies sell WAY better.
In terms of pricing, I have been stuggling with this too lately. I originally went by size (not the best way to go!) but now I try to do (materials) + (time) x (hourly rate) = price. I usually pay myself $10-15 an hour, and I am satisfied with that. For smaller items, I get payed $15/hr or more. For larger items, I get paid usually $10/hr.
Also keep in mind that even though you should charge you worth, DON’T OVERCHARGE! Maybe check out a similar item to what you are selling on Etsy, and charge a bit less (because of shipping.) And remember that you can always change prices during a craft show.
I hope this helps!

1 Like