I passed my course!! 😀

I wanted to share with all of the crafty people here that I am now one of The Knitting Guild Associations Certified Knit Tech Editors!!! :smiley: I still can’t believe I’m going to be lucky enough to have a job that’s part of the knitting world!! If you’re interested in having your knit pattern tech edited please message me here or send me an email at lakeviewknitstechedits.com :blush:

31 Likes

Wow congratulations!!! You might be so happy and excited!! :blush::partying_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::two_hearts::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::tada::tada::tada:

5 Likes

Congrats! :confetti_ball:

5 Likes

woo, congrats! that is amazing!

5 Likes

This is such a HUGE accomplishment and we’re all soooo proud of you!! :partying_face::partying_face: I hope to become a tech editor one day, but for now you’ll be the one I call when I need my knit patterns tech edited! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

I’m not really sure what that is but it sounds awesome :tada::tada::tada: being able to work with something you love can be so amazing, congratulations :tada::tada::tada:

5 Likes

That’s AWESOME congratulations

6 Likes

Thank you all so much!! :two_hearts::two_hearts:

@Minty_Mia, I highly recommend the course from the Knitting Guild Association. There are “only” three lessons but I’m still amazed at all the information you learn. :blush:

@WolfKvB, in short, a tech editor checks word by word for grammar and punctuation, correctness of everything from the yarn description, gauge, that stitch pattern(s) match the photo and is correctly written, all abbreviations are listed and explained correctly, any special techniques are correctly explained, all instructions are included and in the correct order (did you forget to add the instructions for the collar or finishing instructions?) and that charts and schematics, if needed, are correct. All math is checked including if the stitches cast on will make the intended size(s), plus if any increasing and decreasing will be finished within the available rows and everything in between. In other words we check everything with a fine-toothed comb. :blush:

8 Likes

Could you do this with crochet patterns too? :blush:
@Lakeviewknitter

6 Likes

Congratulations :tada::balloon::confetti_ball: that is AMAZING!

5 Likes

:0000 congrats!!! that sounds so cool :partying_face: :partying_face:

6 Likes

Congratulations!! :balloon:

6 Likes

Unfortunately, you need a really good grasp of the craft and I know virtually nothing about crochet. Most of the time I wouldn’t have a clue if the instructions were correct, complete, and in the correct order. :roll_eyes: Otherwise, I could also tech edit crochet patterns. Now that I’m finished my course I plan on learning to crochet. :blush:

@NoKittenAroundStudio, @SierraCrochets07, @seasonaldoodles, and @TexasPurl, thank you so much!! :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

8 Likes

6 Likes

Congratulations @Lakeviewknitter , how cool is that? :blush::tada::confetti_ball::tada::two_hearts::partying_face:

5 Likes

@anoswaldoddity @AnnaDill thank you so much!! :two_hearts::two_hearts:

4 Likes

wow, congratulations, I’m very impressed!!

5 Likes

Congrats! :hugs::two_hearts:

5 Likes

@LDSVenus @AimeeManami thank you so much!! :two_hearts::two_hearts:

6 Likes