I usually don't post random stuff but-

I don’t know if this is true but i am never buying new silk again, or i’ll just buy other types
Just look at this

12 Likes

It is true, and it is very sad :pensive:

7 Likes

Yep, more and more the money hungry greedy corporations treat living things as machines.

6 Likes

Yes it’s true. You’d be surprised how many things are made in very unethical ways :grimacing: I only ever bought silk second hand, or recycled. But still, feels weird to own items made in that way.

5 Likes

Oh, I believe it! Humankind is not all good.

4 Likes

wow thats so sad! i knew silk came from silk worms but i didnt know how it was obtained :pensive: its bad that things luke this arent made aware to consumers

4 Likes

Welcome to the no new silk club.
Too many people just say “bugs can’t feel” but as an animal biologist I have to keep saying “we just don’t understand how they feel”.
A recent study has found bumblees playing for fun, showing behaviours we weren’t aware of before.
They’re so beautiful and complex, I really adore people caring more for them :green_heart::green_heart:

4 Likes

Yes, we learned this in 4th grade (about age 9) in school. Over 30 years ago.

3 Likes

Yeah i saw ut it is made at silk worms ewww and she was a mother of it

4 Likes

OMG ikr I just say that video :rofl:

4 Likes

Yesss no new silk club here i come!
Any other fabrics/wool/brands that make this stuff that i should be aware of? I try to do my research but i can never know what is true and what isn’t =))

3 Likes

Tbf I’m currently focusing on trying recycled yarns. Mostly cotton, cotton blends and acrylics to minimise my own negative impacts.

3 Likes