I was wondering 🧶

Well, this might be a bit silly but I got curious.
With which end of the yarn do you normally start with?

I usually go with B, this time I am using A purely by accident and it’s kinda neat, since the yarn ball isn’t rolling around whenever I have to tug on it. :blush::blush::yarn:

10 Likes

I usually go with what I can find first :rofl: I hate the rolling too, but with A sometimes I find knots and tangles so I usually look for B first and if I can’t find it I go with A

6 Likes

I always work from the inside out. Middle yarn tail for me. (A)

7 Likes

If i can centre pull I do. Some balls are not friendly with it but like you, i love having the ball sit still. Its helpful when crocheting out the home.

5 Likes

That type of skein is meant for center pull
The main reason you get the tangles or blobs is because people pick the yarn up and squeeze it vigorously. The more people that checked the squish, the more tangles you get inside.
Once you get to the point that the skien has collapsed, you should stop and ball the remainder unless you plan on not moving it before you finish.
What’s the correct way to pull yarn from a skein? – Judy Nolan.

7 Likes

There is a correct way to pull yarn? :scream:
It never crossed my mind that there’d be this kind of intend behind the way the skein’s been rolled up. Nice!

But it makes sense :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Inside is more satisfying!

5 Likes

“Pull from the end” they say “it wont tangle at all!” They say

7 Likes

Again, you go to a big box craft store and pick up yarn that has been squeezed by at least 20 other people… You get yarn barf.
I cringe when I see someone on YouTube showing you the long squeezing session of the yarn while talking about the squishy factor, then point and laugh when they get a giant blob from the middle and act exasperated

5 Likes

from inside unless it’s REALLY difficult to find :slight_smile: will take a long for me to give up :rofl:

3 Likes

The one with the least difficulty :rofl: I started on one last night from the middle and I prefer it way more until I get down to closer to the end and it tangles :woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

That article was very helpful, more people need to read it.

3 Likes

I usually use A, the inside end. When I’m done with the skein I will cake what’s left.

4 Likes

I go with A, center pull. There way a video on youtube that shows what end of which brands of yarn you will find the center pull easier.

3 Likes

Usually what I can get to easiest, but center pull if you can do it can be really satisfying :hugs:

3 Likes