Idea for shop manager

Is it possible that you could add a way to see who has a pattern in their wishlist? I see that my scarf is in 8 wishlists and I was thinking of gifting it to a random, but I canā€™t see who has it unless I accidentally come across it while looking through peopleā€™s wishlists.
@Ribblr
@saar

11 Likes

another idea is to see who has favorited your shop
and when you delete a pattern it should go out of peoples wishlists
like the easy peasy slippers
the chroma hat
chunky kids mitts
toby the chonky bear bean
bernat blanket sweater vest (for a six y/o)
stars n stripes flag
baby shoes!
@Ribblr

11 Likes

Yes!

7 Likes

and i was thinking of what you said too

8 Likes

I rather prefer not knowing who has my me in their wishlist or has favorited my shop and others not being able to see how many favorites your shop has. It seems that it would put a lot of pressure and anxiety out there if we could see who did and did not like us or our itemsā€¦ It would end up being a huge popularity contest or like all the other sites (cough IG cough) where people become obsessed with collecting more fans and harassing others to follow them.
Or people getting discouraged because they arenā€™t as popular.

7 Likes

If itā€™s a thing you have to purposely look at, then those that donā€™t want to know wouldnā€™t have to.
Also for the sake of being able to gift my pattern to someone who wants it, I canā€™t do that if I canā€™t see the list. And like with everything, itā€™s up to the end user how they use itā€¦ I donā€™t ā€œcollectā€ likes on IGā€¦ I put the info out there when I feel like it and if I get likes/follows, then so be itā€¦ And since they can be put into wishlists or a shop favorited, why shouldnā€™t the designer be able to see (if they want)ā€¦ Some just collect the wishlist/follows, even though they canā€™t see who; so again why should I be ā€œpunishedā€ because that is how they choose to use it?

5 Likes

Only if they give everyone the option of not showing up on that list. Because in the end, people are going to people, and if a site slowly evolves to become more like every other site, it will eventually devolve to the point of being like every other site.

4 Likes

I think the algorithm here may work a bit differently from likes and follows, so I donā€™t think allowing the owner of the shop to see who favorited a shop would be a bad thing. It would allow many creators on here to gift loyal followers or people who end up purchasing/making their patterns. Itā€™s different from Instagram in the sense that for Ribblr there isnā€™t a monetary gain for followers - only those that end up purchasing the pattern benefit. Itā€™s a bit different from other social media.

I think this is a wonderful idea though, as it would allow me to anonymously gift people who are interested in the pattern on holidays or days important to me.

7 Likes

Iā€™m not sure the gifts are anonymous now, you already can see who purchased a pattern(and the team has already confirmed user names will be attached to that soon) and you can only see who made a project if they choose to make a public journal. All of that already exists.

5 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m aware that already exists, I meant that I just see being able to see those that favorite patterns or your shop could allow you to interact and really personalize gifting to those who invest in you (like giving a thank you pattern to your patrons). Of course, anonymous might not be in there, but maybe allowing that to exist would be a bonus and also allow shop owners to remain anonymous when giving out patterns from their shop should they choose to.

I more meant that overall I donā€™t think there is a big downside to allowing shop owners (not even everyone, just the shop owners) to seeing who favorites, and could even benefit shop owner/buyer relationships in terms of allowing you to see and gift those who continually invest in you.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying, I already see every person that has ever bought a pattern. Once that update happens, Iā€™ll have their usernames as well and can give them bonus gifts. I can see wanting to gift them something, they actually invested in you. Putting something in your wishlist is the equivalent of sticking it in your cart on Amazon and doesnā€™t really mean anything other than they might buy it one day.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Itā€™s not currently part of the roadmap, but I have logged in your suggestion for consideration! :raised_hands:

5 Likes

But I want to see who wants my pattern. Simple as that. Really my reasons are my reasonsā€¦ Alexandra was saying it would be nice to gift those that support you, so if she sees a person has bought pattern A and B and had D in their wishlist, she may gift them pattern C as a thank youā€¦ But if they have pattern D not C in their wishlist, she wouldnā€™t want to gift them pattern C and she would be able to see this if we could see who put it patterns in their wishlist. Iā€™m still not sure why something that you could ignore has to not be an option for everyone :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

Thanks, it would be great!

4 Likes

the fact that we already have ā€œlike my shop for a free giftā€ posts in the community even though you have no way to even back that up tells me that it would become a thing if you could see them.
Your reasons are your reasons, I just feel that if I knew that simply bookmarking a shop or an item in a shop would allow that shop owner the ability to target me for any reason, no matter how wholesome their intentions, I would never do either.
However, if I only had the money to purchase 3 items out of a set of four and the shop owner gifted me the last of the set, that would be a nice bonus, and you already have the ability to do that.

3 Likes