Ideas

So Ive been working on a dress lately and I’m having trouble with inspiration for what the rest of it should look like. That’s really vague but what should I add??

6 Likes

I think it would help to see a picture of the dress so far. So we can get the general idea.

6 Likes

Have you consider adding texture? What about the silhouette, will it be a tight hug-hugging silhouette or maybe a circle skirt silhouette? So many possibilities. Best of luck!

5 Likes

Oh yea I’m sorry I completely forgot the picture

lmao this is it so far I’m using a carton cake of worsted wieght yarn. I want a tighter sihouletre but I am having trouble keeping it straight in the skirt.

6 Likes

Maybe the tension is too tight for the skirt. Don’t make the gaps too big, but go up .25 for the skirt starting at the bottom of the top. Try (as painful as it is) frogging till the end of the top, then try again making sure that the tension is good and the increases are in the right spots. Also maybe try a band of a color that complements the base colors before the skirt starts. And I would do a few increase rounds to start the skirt and then a couple sc rounds and increase round sc round to make the skirt.

4 Likes

Are you using a stitch marker? That could help with keeping the incs in the right place

4 Likes

@HookerForCrochet thats so pretty, love the halo…. Don’t give up! Can’t wait to see the finished result!

@SierraCrochets07 love your suggestions. Learning so much.

4 Likes