I'm teaching myself to mend

20230630_201623|480x500

I learned about visible mending a few years ago, and since then I’ve been steadily working on two incredibly worn out tank tops that I have, and a few pairs of jeans that were really blown out to practice with. I’m getting more confident every time I do it, but I’ve also never really looked up specific techniques. I really started to apply myself after my grandmother passed, because she was a prolific seamstress she could both I really started to apply myself after my grandmother past, to feel closer to her. I think I’m ready to advance my skills further but I’m not really sure where to start! I was hoping to find some suggestions for tutorials on YouTube perhaps, or any general tips and tricks y’all might know :crossed_fingers:t3::heart:

10 Likes

Oh wow that looks so good! i want to learn something like this, it seems super interesting.

2 Likes

It’s not as daunting as i thought it would be, especially because i use an embroidery hoop to hold the fabric while i work. The most challenging part for me is tension of the thread, ive bunched up fabric accidentally lol

3 Likes