I understand that ads are necessary to keep things free, but do they really need to be inappropriate? Is there a setting i can choose? I also donāt look stuff like this up so it is not based on my search history
I think there might be apps you can get to block these type of adds with. But yea, ribblr should NOT have these adds i donāt agree with them especially if theres younger kids that use this app. Thought, i havenāt got any inappropriate adds most of them are for mobile games or candy.
I agree, but as ribblr said before they canāt control which ads show up (lemme see if I can find the post)
yea i really think it isnt a good idea to have such weird adds especially considering the majority of ribblrs users are kids
i havenāt gotten one as extreme as that, but i have been getting many gambling ones, which i would consider heavily inappropriate for a fiber arts platform. i donāt think ribblr has control over what ads get placed here, like in the post that autumn sent mentioned, but i really wish they could filter it and such.
I dont think ribblr is able to choose the adds, but it would be a good idea to have a filter go through them all
Thanks for reporting! Whilst we donāt control the ads shown, we have partners that apply blockers. For example we have asked them to block these kind of inappropriate ads or political ads etc.
Very rarely something like this can appear if the advertiser does not provide the right information like category for their ad.
We are taking this very seriously and are going to report this immediately to our partners so they can block this advertiser.
If you come across anything like that please send us a PM
Glad I have an ad blocker so I only get ribblr ads ![]()
hi! what you can try to do is use a private dns server! if you dont know how to do this, go onto settings, search āprivate dnsā, select private dns and put in an adblocking dns server like dns.adguard.com. i use that one, should work for ribblr too i think.
thats a bad ad ![]()
Please share your blocker!
Ya Iāve noticed there are a lot of gambling related and ai adds too ![]()
oh no
![]()
