Insecurities (poem)

How is it that everyone says “Oh you look so cute!” but I dont feel cute.

It’s the thing that keeps me from wearing skin-tight… anything

The reason I wear baggy clothes

The reason I started doing little tiny ab workouts

The reason I can’t find it in me to wear even the cutest crop top

The reason I have to prepare months in advance to wear a brallette I crocheted

The reason I haven’t worn a bikini in at least two years

The reason I’m writing this

16 Likes

this is actually relatable to me-

your stuff always hits deep…this hitted me the deepest

4 Likes

omg i feel this. I don’t wanna be on fo those ppl but maybe you’ll eventually understand hkw amazing and beautiful of a person you are and there’s nothing for you to be insecure abt <33

6 Likes

I wear baggy clothes bc I’m skinny and get scared of what ppl think
So like whenever I get skinny jeans from my dad (he doesn’t care about what ppl say I love him sm :sob:) I’d only wear it whenever I run out of jeans to wear.

6 Likes

Oh my gosh Eva thank youuuu! I love that I’m able to like relate to people ig with my poetry like this!

4 Likes

the first two (baggy jeans and ab workouts) are what i’m “struggling” with, I’ve been wearing sweats and hoods to cover myself up and I used to do ab workouts for weeks hoping it would change me. I stopped the workouts but think about going back

3 Likes

girl like its this whole thing with my belly oh my gosh. like its because of the way im proportioned i know that but its so annoying that im so insecure about it. and its just that i can rock some slim bootcut jeans like a champ… we dont talk abt the fact that i wear them every day

3 Likes

very pretty poem :black_heart:
It’s hard, really hard, but i believe in you all :people_hugging:You’re worth more than a tag on a pair of jeans
take care of yourself :clap:

4 Likes

like its not even the jeans girlie! I have the same problem with my mom i have a small waist and thighs but i also have a belly so the waistband will be too big but they’ll fit perfectly in the legs and UGHHH

2 Likes