Insomnia Blanket thoughts

How does everyone feel like a blanket to do with sleep. I have insomnia and would love to create a sort of temperature blanket for how long im awake for or for how long i sleep. What are your thoughts? Does anyone have any tips? What colours should I use?

14 Likes

Hiya! Welcome to Ribblr! Since it has to do with sleep, you should do like blues and purples. I think this is a really cool idea!

4 Likes

That sounds like an awesome idea. I have horrible sleep too and ngl, i kinda wanna do this lol

4 Likes

Hinestly this seems like a great idea!

I have different states of insomnia for sure, like manic cleaning/doing things, exhaustion, sometimes good sleep, etc.

Like others mentioned i think pinks, purples and blues would be pretty! Id pick a mindful motif that maybe can help you sleep. Like a cool granny square or puff st blanket.

3 Likes

How about we add a shade of red for those nights of insomnia, because we are mad about something.

4 Likes

I love this idea! Always nice to see alternatives to the temp/mood blankets! Id say maybe purples and blues, but thats just me! I think sleep is definitely a cozy and relaxing vibe, and I always gravitate towards those colors relating to sleep!

5 Likes

That would be so cool! I think purples is the way to go with the brightest purples being the least hours slept/most hours awake!

4 Likes

I like the previous ideas of blues for best sleep to purples/reds for insonmia. And maybe mix in some yellows for naps?

5 Likes

What if we were to have a nightmare? Would that run in the dark purple to the different colors of red?

1 Like

I was thinking more of day and night, or sun and moon, light and dark, so my colors show yellow and gray. (I don’t like working with black) So, you have 24 hours in a day, I put 24 stitches across. The dark shows the hours you slept, the rest being light. You could even make smaller squares to represent 15 minute increments. This is only for one month, so you could just keep going with the next month. But that could get really long. Just my idea when I read the post. Maybe more of a pillow?
Edited to say the image looks like a cityscape … kinda cool.

1 Like