Instagram video color change technique

I’m not sure if this link will work. I hope it does because I’m wondering about this technique. Has anyone used it? Does it work well?

Let

5 Likes

No, Instagram links don’t work in Ribblr. :frowning:

4 Likes

Unfortunately Instagram blocks the ability to embed videos, unlike Youtube. Not sure why :thinking:
That’s also why you can share links from Ribblr directly to Pinterest, Twitter, or just copy the link but can’t be shared directly to Instagram.

4 Likes

is it different than the method I explain in my patterns? I don’t have IG to see the video, but the pictures online look like the same method I already use

4 Likes

Thanks @anoswaldoddity and @saar , I kinda thought that, but wasn’t sure. Ugh.

@anon5108995 I don’t think so, but I can’t be sure on that either. :laughing:

If I remember correctly, she finishes the stitch and pulls up the yarn just a bit. She puts the hook into the top of the stitch, in the center of > (FLO, basically) and the center of the post at the same time, and then she pulled up the new color on her hook. After that, she pulled the yarn off the first color.

I’m trying to see if I can find it somewhere else to show.

2 Likes

I found it!!! Yay!

3 Likes

It is the same, with an extra step that doesn’t have to happen.
I work the last stitch to the point of the final yo and pull through then change colors and finish the stitch with the new color.
This finishes the stitch, goes back into the same stitch to pick up the final pull through ioops and works them a second time with the new color then pulls the old color out.
I don’t know why you would want to do the extra step and effort of picking those loops back up when you already had them on the hook, but to each their own

4 Likes

I think I do like you explained. I don’t finish my stitch with the first color. I pull the second color through. But it’s a normal stitch. This one I found a little odd and wasn’t sure if it looks better in the end. To me, it didn’t look like she was repeating a second loop.

4 Likes

watch it again
normal sc- go in, yo, pul, yo, pull through 2 loops on hook
normal color change sc- go in, yo, pul, (change color and) yo, pull through 2 loops on hook
this method- go in, yo, pul, yo, pull through 2 loops on hook (stop and remove hook from loop, insert hook into the front loop and and one post loop just worked, change color and yo, pull through 2 loops on hook, pull first color to remove from the stitch just made)
it has you make the complete stitch then make the final step a second time with a second color then go back and pull the first color out of the final two loops, leaving the second color in the final two loops. But if you stop and work those final two loops with the new color it is exactly the same result without the extra 2 steps.

5 Likes

What a brain, and persistence on your part @anon5108995

Me, on the other hand, I’m lazy.
aint nobody got time for that GIF

2 Likes

Thank you! When this came on my IG feed I watched it a couple times trying to figure out why this is different or better than the process of changing on the final pull through. The only thing I could see is that it positions your old colour’s working yarn in such a way that the new colour’s stitch will secure it… But you can do that just by holding the strand behind the work anyway.
I’m so glad it wasn’t just me feeling like this technique was a bit redundant and time consuming.

4 Likes

I probably would not have been so persistent had it not been another stupid social media trend that supposed to fix something that wasn’t broken by making it harder

4 Likes

Angry Looney Tunes GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

3 Likes