Introduce Yourself!

its in the comments just scroll up to see it

4 Likes

just saw it thank you lol

4 Likes

Hi I’m Oliver or Ollie, I’m 13 years old and I have been crocheting for 6 years now! I started crochet in 1st grade when I broke my leg, my aunt was watching me because my mom was at work (she works in the ER). My aunt was showing me and my cousin how to chain! After that I learned more from her and made a washcloth! She didn’t make amigurumi she only made blankets and washcloths. I do have a blanket she made me. My grandma on my dads side showed me the magic circle/ magic ring! I fell in love with making amigurumi the first amigurumi I made was a mokke from an anime I watched. I still have it to this day! The first pattern I made free handed was a cat that was standing! Last year I did use crocheting as a coping mechanism with my social anxiety, and I still do. I love crocheting, and will be sharing my patterns maybe even the cat! I hope you do enjoy my patterns! :]

6 Likes

I’m Marilyn. Grandma to 18 (so far). Many kids also, but g-babies are the best. I have been crocheting since 1975 ish. The last 11 years I’ve learned how to read patterns and have learned so much since. I wish I would have had youtube back in the day. Pattern testing and creating my own has kept me busy since being here on Ribblr, over 2 years here and loving it!

13 Likes

Hi! My name is Kimberly, and I have been crocheting since 2019. I love to crochet amigurumi, and have been designed crochet amigurumi patterns for almost a year. I have an Etsy shop where I sell my finished projects, and I like to go to craft fairs when I find the time.

11 Likes

Hi my name is Sophialina you can call me Lina for short. I’m a mom to two adult men not a grandma yet lol. I am spiritual not religious.
I am from Canada and enjoy crafts all kinds but my go to is crocheting. With that I enjoy making all things Amigurumi to doilies. I’m currently working on a 3D doily which so far looks awesome. I don’t have any pets, I do however love to read, listen to crime podcasts, garden , bake and make home preserves. I’ve been on Ribblr for a year and a half.
Lovely to meet you all
X
Lina

8 Likes

hi :wave: since lots of you have been doing about me’s in the comments i guess ill take some time to do mine :heart:
my name is elena :slight_smile: i joined ribblr about a month ago and i love the community here! i’ve been crocheting since i was 9 and make plushies. im just an average middle schooler obsessed with the color green lol. my friends and I like to crochet and are currently preparing for a craft market ! i spend my extra time drawing, painting, texting, and ofc crocheting.
oh and im korean-american btw

8 Likes

Hi I’m Harper! You can call me Harps or harps, I won’t be telling my age but I’m also 11-14. I’m an only child and have a doggo named Parker!

I’ve never moved before and only been to 3 states in the USA. I’m Christian as-well. I’m an artist and a crochet. Also a straight A student. I’m happy to be on Ribblr.

9 Likes

I guess I’ll post an introduction as well. Hey! I’m Artnium or Art and I joined Ribblr on April 4th. I’m not going to give my exact age but I’m between 13-16 years old. I learned the basics of crochet when I was 7 but dropped it because I spent all my time outside and couldn’t sit still. I finished my first official project in late 2022 and I haven’t been able to stop since. I LOVE music whether I’m the one playing or just listening. I technically play 5 instruments (but I’m really bad at one of them lol). I read about a book a day and love learning (perhaps why I have a 4.6 GPA lmao). I really enjoy being part of the community here!

9 Likes

I’m Anita and I’m 62, I don’t mind people knowing how old I am. No kids. Crochet is my first choice but I also love knitting. I prefer garments

7 Likes

I’m Winter. Agender, neurodivergent human (they/them). Soon (very) to be 30. I’m pagan, trying to focus my practice on slavic paganism (to follow my slavic heritage) and I’m also a witch. I have a background of studying art history and I’ve always been fascinated with every art form. I’m very big into horror and sci-fi.

9 Likes

Hi I’m Jill! I’ve been crocheting for about a year now and I love it!

Things about me:

• I ride horses (show jumping)
  • I LOVE Taylor swift (I went to the eras tour)
  • I have a YouTube channel JillsCrochetSpace - YouTube
  • I mostly use premiere parfait chunky yarn
  • My favorite color is light Blue
  • I have an English bulldog named Sergeant
  • My favorite movie is Purple Hearts (Netflix)

But yeah, that’s a little about me! I can’t wait to read about everyone :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

It’s nice to get to know you more!!

5 Likes

I love Purple Hearts too! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

:purple_heart::purple_heart:

5 Likes

I’ll add mine although I’ve been around Ribblr for a hot minute (almost 3 yrs now) …
My name is Ryan Nicole (born and identify female, and yes my first name has always been Ryan)… here’s a few things about me, although my profile probably lists most or all of it

• almost 38 yrs
  • follower of Jesus
  • consider myself a goth (even though some would say I can’t be as a Christian)
  • chronic illness warrior (hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, Chronic Lyme, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Smsll Fiber Neuropathy, migraine, anxiety, & depression)
  • married high school sweetheart at 22 yrs
  • Have 2 children, 12 yrs apart
  • Oldest had always been schooled at home, plan to do same with youngest
  • learned some crochet as a child, but started doing it consistently at 25 and taught myself the rest from books
  • taught myself to knit from YouTube at 27
  • started designing at 27
  • Fave colors: Black, red, and seafoam green
  • also, have a BFA in interior design, but my health declined before I got into the field
10 Likes

Hi! I’m charlotte! I’m a teen crocheter and i’m self taught! I’ve been crocheting for a little less than a year, and i consider myself at an intermediate level! I do amigurumi and live working with fluffy yarn! My favorite place to shop for yarn is Michaels, and i mine sweet snuggles, loops and threads royal velvet, and premier parfait!

7 Likes

It’s nice to get to know you more! :two_hearts::blush:

4 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Emily or Em. I’m 34, and am a single mom to 4 kids and I love it! I am self taught and just started crocheting January 2023 and crochet just about every single day since I started. :blush: I like to wear mostly black, but love pastel colors and glitter. I like to cook and try different cuisines, go outdoors to hike and camp, try all the crafty things. I like building things and working with my hands. I like nerdy stuff and watch tons of anime. The next craft I’d like to try is resin! I love reading sci fi and classic literature. I enjoy instrumental music to set a chill vibe and listening to old radio shows. It’s nice to share this space with you all!

9 Likes

LUCKY :scream::purple_heart: (eras tour)

6 Likes