Is this a BAD idea?

Ok so I was using a crochet pattern and crocheting ofc. And I thought what if we could print out , the pattern in case you know if you use Ribblr on a laptop or computer you can’t really take it everywhere. So is this a good idea? @ribblr this feature would be super cool and great for ppl that can’t take there device everywhere they go!

25 Likes

Yes!! This is a great idea!! If you could have a pdf pattern that comes with the digital pattern, that would be great. Please consider this, @Ribblr!!

5 Likes

Yes but also the layout of the Ribblr pattern you know the row thing and just the features also so it’s not extra work for the pattern creator!

6 Likes

Yep, designers can add a PDF version of their pattern if they choose to - it’s up to them!
Our focus is to continue providing the best experience for crafters with Ribblr ePattern :purple_heart:

12 Likes

Oh so you will add this feature? If so I’m so excited!

5 Likes

It already exists. :smile:

7 Likes

Oh like with no pdf?

4 Likes

Here’s how you generate a pdf from your pattern: Ribblr help center | Can I generate a PDF version of a pattern I designed using Ribbuild?.

And here’s how you attached a pdf to a pattern: Ribblr help center | Can I add a downloadable/printable PDF file in my pattern?

Please note - these features are for designers.

7 Likes

Ohhh tyvm Ribblr!

4 Likes

I thought ribblr said that they had no option for printable, due to ribblr being an eco-friendly crochet site, by not using paper?
Genuinley thats what has been said in the past, mb if im wrong

8 Likes

I would just use the pfp, then print the pfp. Then put it in a binder and take that everywhere

5 Likes

Oh that’s a good ideal I will have to try that!

5 Likes

I hadn’t even realised you could do this. I shall be adding downloadable pdf versions to all my patterns now so that our makers can have the choice.

8 Likes

this is a great idea

3 Likes

Oh wait one more thing @ribblr do you have to have a pdf to print , what if some of us don’t know how to make a pdf. And could just do it right from Ribblr like or have a print button or something, sorry for all these questions.

2 Likes

You can generate pdfs of your own patterns. Just hit the cog wheel/setting button for your pattern (where you can edit, plset prices, etc.) ypu can find “Generate PDF” there

2 Likes

The PDF feature is optional, as having a PDF with your pattern poses the risk of PDF sharing and decreased sales. If your pattern has a PDF with it, it usually says it in the title, description, or somewhere in the pattern!

2 Likes