Is this supposed to happen?

I understand that Ribblr uses ads to support its operations, but having the video follow me down my feed and cover the patterns I’m looking at seems a bit much… :wink:

I think something may be wrong.

Does refreshing the page get rid of it?

try closing the app and opening it again, or refreshing the page. its most likely a glitch.

I guess we’ll go with glitch. I closed and reopened and didn’t see an issue. If it happens again I’ll let you all know.

Thanks for the help. :smiling_face:

I have a similar problem, however the ad takes up my entire screen and plays a video. :scream:

Yeah, mine was a video too. Are you on the Web platform or the app?

This happens when I use the app only.

It’s been happening for months now.

The add will appear in my pattern test and when it does a few moments later the screen is blocked by this video.

In order to get rid of it I have to tap on the screen and click on the ‘X’ to close it. I often have to do this multiple times because once i close it, it will pop up again.

I’ve reached out to Ribblr with a screen shot but no response or remedy so fare.

Same

oh thats probably a glitch

We believe the issue is with a very small number of ads, but we are looking into it still. We have an open ticket from two users who reached out privately. Unfortunately we’ve not been able to reproduce this on our side at all.

Would you be able to confirm if this happens every time, or only occasionally?
Also, would you be able to confirm if it only happens when you exit patterns, and if so can you try to go back into the pattern, wait ten seconds, then exit?

Thank you!

My experience was occasionally and while scrolling. I passed maybe 2 ads before the ad with the issue started following me down my feed.

Thank you for sharing. was it just this ad, or was it another ad too?

I scrolled for a minute to see if it happened again. It did, but only on the Lexus ad.

Thank you! We suspect it’s to do with ads that are overriding our agreed terms. We’ll ask our partners to block it, and hopefully this should resolve it. We apologise for the inconvenience here.

@TheGoddessDivine please keep us posted if it happens again, we’ve made a few changes including via our partners.