Issue with patterns and forum

So I had this issue before and it went away but itā€™s back.

This happens in the app, I use an Android phone.
In forum posting, pattern editing and I photo editing this happens.

When scrolling down thereā€™s not an issue, when scrolling up it constantly tries to refresh the page. This happens when trying to scoot up and down in a text space or scooting the image up and down. Also when cropping the image from the top down.

On the forum sometimes it doesnā€™t try to refresh but will instead grab behind the text box (when scrolling in text box, not touching the outside at all.) and scroll the thread instead of the text.

I learned how to get video of my phone this time of what itā€™s doing but I donā€™t know how to upload it, or change the file type so I can here.

3 Likes

I think there is a setting in the community/chat side that helps with that
the app is forever having issues with android, I just stopped trying to do any pattern editing in the app. I finally figured out how to get my photos from my phone to my laptop, so now I donā€™t do that there either. I know it wasnā€™t helpful, but you are not alone.

3 Likes

I have that exact same problem! Especially when writing a long topic or comment I try to scroll up in the comment or topic and instead of moving up inside the box Iā€™m writing in it just refreshes, I also have an android.

To upload a photo or video, hereā€™s a screenshot,

I find clicking the part that says video on top easier but if you donā€™t see that then click the three lines on the top left and you should see this and clicking video there works fine as well (ignore if you found the red circle with video)

as for the file type of it says the file type you have doesnā€™t work then going online and finding a converter to help like for example searching ā€œMP4 to mp3 converterā€ but with the type you have to a type thatā€™s supported should help, let me know if thereā€™s more confusion! If the video isnā€™t on your phone you can send it to yourself, I usually just Gmail myself (just put your Gmail in the section thatā€™s says, To )

3 Likes

Oh, so itā€™s an Android thing if itā€™s a known issue Iā€™ll wait and hope it gets fixed.

Thank you both :heart:

Can you please send this video to our team? You can upload it to imgur or any other video uploading site then share a link?

1 Like

Does ribblr not support video? Just so I know not to waste my time messing with video evidence if thereā€™s no support to send with an issue. Thanks

1 Like

I think it does? But only mp3 or webpā€¦or wait Im not positive webp is video? Those.might both be audio.:thinking:But my phone saves in mp4. I just tried a converter to mp3 which tried to turn it into an audio file. So Iā€™m having a bit of trouble.

You canā€™t upload videos directly to private messages, it is recommended to share a link to imgur, Google drive, Dropbox etc.

2 Likes

Okay here we go I got a friend to help me

Itā€™s got a circle marker to show where Iā€™m touching/dragging and the text box is so big itā€™s be hard for me not to be in it. Thereā€™s a little gap between the text box and the top toolbar you can see things going by when it sometimes decides to grab the thread instead of the text box.

Edit aaand itā€™s tinyā€¦
Iā€™ll try this if you copy paste the link into a browser instead it was full screen on my phone just take out the space between the dot and mp4 at the end.
https://files.catbox.moe/jpq7em. mp4

1 Like

Thank you for this!

We understand the confusion. Essentially when you pull from the top the app believes you are trying to refresh the page, and it does.

Are you trying to minimize this window? If so please click the down arrow on the top right corner.

1 Like

No Iā€™m just trying to scroll, like in the image editor I try to crop the image but canā€™t grab the top handles. Or in the pattern editor if thereā€™s a misspelled word at the beginning of a line but the line is too big for the text box I have a hard time trying to get to the misspelled word to fix it. In this case it was a large post and I try to read it over before posting but you see it doesnā€™t want to let me see the start of the post.

1 Like

Weā€™re looking into it.

1 Like

Thank you :heart:

Just to let you know -this has been fixed and an app update is soon going to be available on the Google Play store.

3 Likes

Oh awesome thank you :heart:

1 Like