Issue with photos that only happens sometimes

Thereā€™s a glitch that resets my ribblr when I try to attach photos to a message. It happens super rarely.
I have a screen recording of it happening

10 Likes

@Ribblr

4 Likes

Good job getting the screen recording!!

3 Likes

Oh wow, glad you got a screen recording, I would also mention what device youā€™re using, if youā€™re on the app or website. For the video I believe the only way to show it would be through uploading it on Imgur (?) and sending the link here or emailing them the video, not sure Ribblr should say what to do to send them the info, hopefully this gets fixed! :smile:

2 Likes

Do you happen to be on iOS 17? There are issues with this operating system which rarely gets apps (including ours) to crash and reopen.

4 Likes

Iā€™m on iOS 16.5.1

1 Like

this does it every time i take a photo with ribblr ;-;

3 Likes

Me to it kicks me to the homepage (sometimes) when i try to upload pictures to

1. Messages
  2. Journals
  3. When im uploading pictures to my patterns
    Im using an android samsung tablet
2 Likes

Interesting. Itā€™s only ever happened to me twice. Both in messages, today and once in early September.
I use an iPhone XR

1 Like

This just happened to me as well and Iā€™m using the latest Android os.

3 Likes

Can you explain exactly what happened (the whole flow) and share the video?

Thanks.

1 Like

Sent you the video! Both times itā€™s just been Iā€™m in a chat talking and I try to add photos to my message, it then lags and resets my ribblr app.
Also, it brings back notifications that werenā€™t there before and were already opened (which has also been happening during the lag Iā€™ve been experiencing lately).

Hi, Avi @ Tech Team here.
When an app crashes on photo upload (not necessarily Ribblr) most of the times itā€™s a Memory issue, unusually insufficient memory due to many open apps, a huge background running app (e.g. Chrome) using lots of memory etc.
This can be solved by either closing some apps or alternatively reducing the cameraā€™s resolution.
In Ribblrā€™s this could look like ā€œreturning to home screenā€ (crash & recover) or the app close completely.
However, weā€™re not getting ourselves off the hook that easily, so in order to learn the subject more thoroughly, it would be highly helpful if you could mail us a sample image (canā€™t upload it here in the community as it compresses the image) - along with exact phone model and OS version ā†’ that would be appreciated.
Many thanks,
Avi

2 Likes

Galaxy note 5g, i pretty sure it just updated to os 14 but i can check

1 Like