Joann filing for bankruptcy?

Just thought I’d share this article for anyone interested: Joann files for bankruptcy amid consumer pullback, but plans to keep stores open - CBS News

I wonder how it will affect @Ribblrs partnership with them?

8 Likes

I think if the issue is not enough people are buying from them, then partnerships with websites like Ribblr should be beneficial for them. As long as the company stays afloat, then I don’t think it should impact Ribblr, for now.
I feel like with how everyone went nuts buying up big twist posh yarn, if they focused on trying to get more in, and following what people are wanting, it would help them out.
Hopefully they can get a turn around and stay afloat. I know tons of people have told me over the years that they love Joann’s

4 Likes

It’s very true that such partnerships would benefit them :blush:
As a European, I’ve never had the chance to visit one of their stores, but I thought I’d post this article because I’ve heard that so many people love getting their yarn from there and thought people would want to know about it! (and I wondered how the partnership would be affected; it wasn’t too long ago since it started)

I hope for the Joann-loving people that it stays!

2 Likes

There are more than one kind of bankruptcy in the United States. Jo Ann’s has filed for the reorganization one (edited: called Chapter 11) which means that it is a reorganization of the business not a dissolution. Which means that they are still in business. For the time being

5 Likes

If Joann’s does go bankrupt I won’t have any craft store near me :sob::sob::sob: the closest ones are 6 hours away and we rarely go to the city :sob::sob::sob: