journal images not working

my journals arenā€™t workingā€¦ when I try to upload a picture it just goes back and is blank still. I tried logging out and back in and closing the app, but it still doesnā€™t workā€¦

12 Likes

Iā€™ve had this same issue, I didnā€™t know if its because I was on my computer. But I tried on my phone and it still didnā€™t work. My computer is a Chromebook and my phone is an apple I-phone. I donā€™t know why this is happening.

5 Likes

this has been happening to me :sob: iā€™ve been using my phone to upload to my journal with no problem up until a few days ago. i was able to upload to my journal using safari on my phone just yesterday. not sure why it just stopped working all of a sudden tho :face_with_spiral_eyes::weary:

5 Likes

What device are you using and are you on the app or website?

3 Likes

This has happened to me! Try clearing your CACHE! It worked for me and now no problems :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Not sure if this is a separate issue but, on my chromebook, while watching a video, I tried to go full screen and it wouldnā€™t. Said ā€œOh snapā€.

4 Likes

Iā€™m on an iphone se and iā€™m using the app

2 Likes

This is also happening to me. It doesnā€™t work when I use the app but if I log into Ribblr on safari on my phone it works that way. Not a perfect solution but I hope it helps until another solution is found (Ā“āˆ€ļ½€*)

4 Likes

I had to delete and re add app and it worked

2 Likes

Hi there!
To clarify, you can choose your photo or take a photo then edit it but once you click done it simply wouldnā€™t upload?

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same problem. I canā€™t even get to the place to edit. It just simply wonā€™t load. But only on my iPhone app. It works on my iPad app. Itā€™s quite inconvenient

2 Likes

It could be a permission issue.
Please give Ribblr full access to your photos. Hereā€™s how to do that:
1, Go to ā€˜settingsā€™ on your phone
2. Select Ribblr
3. Select Photos
4. Select full access

1 Like

I donā€™t think thatā€™s the issue, at least for me personally. Both my devices have the same accesses for photos. And this is a recent issue- one day I could put photos in journals and the next day I could not. Also, I am able to upload photos into messages such as this one on either device without trouble (though occasionally a photo will be too big for my phone app, but not for my tablet app).

2 Likes

How do you do that for the app?

1 Like

this is the same for me. it just stopped working one day for me, permission wouldnā€™t be the issue if iā€™ve been doing it for months. i can upload photos to my patterns with no problem, it just seems to be the journal thatā€™s bugging out :weary:

2 Likes

@binka We need a little more information. Can you please answer the following:

1. Which device are you using?
  2. Are you using the Ribblr app? if a browser- which one?
  3. When you add photos to your pattern, can you select or take a photo then edit, and then upload?
  4. When you try to add photos to your journal, at which point does it fail? Can you select photos at all or would it not react to your click? If you can select photos, can you edit them or not?

Thank you.

2 Likes
  1. iphone 13 mini, ios 15.6.1 (iā€™m too lazy to update :sweat_smile:)
  2. i am using the app. iā€™m able to upload to my journal on safari on my phone tho so maybe itā€™s an app issue.
  3. yes, when i upload pictures to my patterns, iā€™m able to do everything you asked, thatā€™s the normal process.
  4. it allows me to choose the photo from my album, no option for editing comes up however. when i press ā€œchooseā€ it doesnā€™t error me or give me a message it just fails to acknowledge im uploading. the screen stays like this after i choose an image, no ā€œuploading x%ā€ message or anything.

iā€™ve been uploading using my phone for months. itā€™s only just happened in the past few days.

2 Likes

Thanks. Thatā€™s strange it only happens for journals. Quick question - can you take a photo with your camera? does that work? It should take you to editing right after.

1 Like

yes, the camera works, i just tried that on the app with no issue. it is weird that uploading from the album doesnā€™t work :thinking:

1 Like

I really appreciate the information. This should help us get to the bottom of it.

To clarify, uploading photos and instant camera shots work just fine on your Ribblr app for pattern photos, but not for journal photos. Only instant camera shots can be uploaded and edited on journal photos, uploading album photos fails after selecting them.

on Safari - everything works as intended. Is that correct?

@LittleCreatures @simcrochets @squidneyjk @echinacea can you confirm the same of all the above?

3 Likes