Journals for pattern testing?

I’ve been seeing a lot of pattern testing posts that require you to create a journal, but haven’t been able to find any examples of such journals. Could anyone point me to some resources showing what they’re like? I want to rest patterns but don’t want to apply when I’ve never created a journal before.

8 Likes

When you start a pattern and check off the first line it asks you if you’d like to create a journal, If you start with that it’ll then be found in your “my makes”. You can also start a journal by clicking the little book in the tabs at the bottom of the screen.
You’ll get a page similar to the one below and you can name your journal, include a short description or feedback notes and progress pictures as you go.
Having completed work under the pattern in the form of journals can make it more attractive to others and is a good way for the designer to see how you’re getting on and read notes for areas to improve or keep the same.
Hope this helps

8 Likes

thank you so much! This explains a lot

4 Likes

please do not leave notes for correction in the journals!
they can not be edited by the designer and will be read by future customers as uncorrected mistakes in the pattern!
In the same vein (because it happens) don’t leave pattern lines in the journal or give anything away that the designer might have wanted to leave until purchased
If you have feedback for the designer in testing, it is much better to contact them directly :blush:

10 Likes

A quick thing to add, clicking “mark everything complete” (or something similar) at the end of the pattern when you finish will make sure your journal says 100% instead of a weird % when you know you’re done

10 Likes

I also added the testers journal feedback tags to make it easier to search later

7 Likes