Journals poll

I’m really curious why people do or don’t make journals for makes.
This poll may help me understand better.

• I do make journals
  • I don’t understand why I should
  • I don’t know how
  • I don’t want to
  • I don’t have a camera
  • other, specified in comments

0 voters

13 Likes

I create one if it’s for a test. But for th3 stuff I make for myself I don’t always, cause it’s a lot of energy to spare with my current mental capacity :dizzy_face::sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I usually like journals because then when I view my makes page it kinda shows a little like a portfolio with the things I’ve made and links to the original pattern in case I wanna remake

Plus I like adding stuff like hook sizes when I start on a pattern so even if I take a break and not finish, I can look back what I used in case I forgot

11 Likes

Exactly, this is me.

8 Likes

I had commented on the last poll but with the added option I included two votes (I do make journals and I don’t have a camera) since I do make journals always when I test a pattern however when it comes to personal patterns I own that I’m not testing I tend not to make one (I am changing though since I’ve been trying to use my phone to make it) I also included my previous comment that explains in more detail about why I sometimes don’t make a journal :grin: along with some extra bit of info

Sometimes I use Ribblr on my laptop so taking photo’s isn’t an option, however I’m also curious as a designer would you find it acceptable just to have the finished photo and/or notes without photos? Usually I like to show the process photos with notes and then the completed at the end :smile: obviously it might be different for different designers but I kind of just thought if I can’t take photos then there really wasn’t a point to make the journal, (I always make sure to have photos for testing though so I use my phone more often than not but I prefer reading patterns on my laptop)

5 Likes

I also use my laptop, but take photos with my phone. I love photos. Especially if there is an issue that it would help with. I guess just final photos would be enough in that case. Just let me know when testing my next pattern :wink:

6 Likes

Lol for sure I also love the photos features especially when it comes to see just how many loose ends the pattern might have for sewing :sewing_needle: (sometimes my mortal enemy yet at times my favorite part lol depends on the mood :grin::laughing:) also a little side note, your vase is on my work desk and Its the perfect size to hold my tapestry needles/some hooks and sometimes my tape measure. I’ll have to make another one for flowers :laughing::blossom::rose:

7 Likes

I chose “other” - i’m brand new to ribblr and have 0 idea what i’m doing​:sweat_smile: trying to figure everything out but plan on doing journals in the future!

7 Likes

I’m just lazy and wouldn’t keep track of it :skull:

7 Likes

ok after reading the options again, I suppose I should have chose “I don’t know how”:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I only make the journal when im finished, i justclike to keep track of my projects since i gift a lot of them

6 Likes

Same I’ve only been on this site for about a month and a half

5 Likes

I do have a special one you might like coming up soon. Maybe you could test it for me.

3 Likes

Ooo :eyes: now you have me excited :laughing:

3 Likes

I try to do at least one at the end when I’m finished

3 Likes

Voted! I always make a journal, lately i have only been adding the end product with a little review of it but i do love having my little portfolio :heart:
Ps added the journal and poll tags :slight_smile:

3 Likes