Just a little thing I wrote tonight! It needs some editing I'm sure, but I wanted to share!

Peace is not the absence of chaos, it’s often what occurs in the midst of disarray. It’s the refuge you seek in times of war, shelter in the midst of storms. He spoke the words peace be still, then the wind and waves they obeyed but the water beneath them still remained. The water served a purpose in getting them to where they were supposed to be. So when you ask for peace don’t expect him to drain the sea. Expect the winds and waves to still when you call upon his name. If he wanted the sea drained, he would have done it, no water would remain. He has parted seas before, making a path to the other shore. Don’t ask him to remove what he is trying to use, take shelter in him and enjoy the view. You’ll look back one day and understand, your faith will have grown, you might be on land. Peace is not always found in quiet, just as chaos isn’t always loud. Have faith in him, he’ll never let you down.

9 Likes

I don’t get it but it’s POETRY!

wes anderson poetry GIF

4 Likes

Thank you!!! :joy::white_heart:

3 Likes

I dont rly get it but i think its abt peace, which is great! Earth needs an end to the wars :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

It is about peace and God, Yeshua (Jesus) specifcally! Something He’s been showing me about our idea of peace not being what is portrayed in the Bible!

3 Likes

Nice. Reminds me of this story.
Years ago, a major art gallery sponsored a competition for painters and they were offering prizes for the best painting on the subject of “Peace.” The painting that won was a real surprise. The scene was the ocean in a violent storm. The sky was ominous, the lightning was cutting across the sky, and the waves were crashing into the rock walls of the cliffs by the shore. Where was the peace? You had to look twice to understand what was going on. There, about halfway up the cliff, was a birds’ nest tucked into a tiny hollow in the rock. A mother bird was sitting on that nest with her little babies tucked underneath her, sleeping soundly. That was peace!

6 Likes

Wow. That’s beautiful!

2 Likes

this is beautiful! :white_heart:

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

Ohhh amen i get It now, another fellow artistic Christian! Yaey

2 Likes