Kitchener help

I always struggle with remembering the order of Kitchener stitch, thought I’d share this for anyone who also needs the reminder

12 Likes

I’ve never heard or done the kitchener stitch. But then again I did just start knitting like 8 months ago

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I’ll definitely save this I had heard about joining live stitches with the Kitchener stitch and was curious how!

2 Likes

I prefer top down socks so I use this to close the toes… but since I’ve only finished 4 pairs of socks in almost a decade, then yeah I need the reminder haha

3 Likes

Like Kaylee said, it’s great for seaming live stitches (like the toe of a sock that is worked top down, but there’s other useful applications for it too)

3 Likes

Ooo! Thanks! :blush:

3 Likes

I was actually going to try and knit a pair of socks pretty soon (once my wips are done lol), so this couldn’t have come at a better time :laughing:

2 Likes

I’ve just finished a sock toe, and then saw this afterwards. Where was it when I needed it? :rofl:
Anyway, I have taken a solid vow, that from this day forth, I shall never again work top town socks. It’s toe up from this day onwards, so no grafting. Grafting sucks :joy:

3 Likes

Even though I haven’t made many, I do love making them. I’m just slow hehe

2 Likes

Oh no, sorry! I know a lot of people hate grafting, but I hate starting toe up lol

3 Likes

ohh, bless you for posting something like this lol

i slowed a youtube video down to quarter speed and matched someone doing it for a sock tutorial :melting_face:

2 Likes

Glad to help :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes