Knitting machine

Ok, I don’t want to start any debates if knitting with a machine is a craft or not.
I just can’t knit, trying to scoop up the stitch with the needle from the other needle is like so very irritating, like I can’t stand it, gives me the run away vibe,
Like fingernails on a black board vibe.

Can anyone recommend a machine? I don’t want one that’s cheap and will break down after some use. Ignore the cost of it and tell me which one is durable, and you can easily get parts for.

Thanks!!

13 Likes

i found this. i hope this helps!
https://www.amazon.com/Knitting-Machine-48-Needles-Rotating/dp/B08FZLS7TS

8 Likes

It will depend on what you are doing. There are straight machines and circular machines, then each is made for certain weights of yarn.
I found a link for this year’s reviews. This should at least give you a starting point for research.

9 Likes

Real metal knitting machines are expensive, was $900 years ago when I had one, I’m sure they are much more now. I believe the one I had was a Brother. They are nice, but if you intend to knit clothing will also need to buy a ribber, also expensive, to make the ribbing on the cuffs and bottom of sweaters. If you buy it from a local knitting shop that sells them, they will give you lessons.

6 Likes

Thank you!
@anon5108995
@Catsrtoocool4u
@LDSVenus

5 Likes

I might also suggest that you buy a small loom and try that. They sell the plastic ones at Walmart for fairly cheap and they use 4 or 5 yarn. You can get round or oblong, and look up some basic stitches online. The only reason I suggest that first is because it’s not expensive but will give you an idea of the product you can create on a machine. It’s just more manual. I would hate for you to invest hundreds of dollars to find out you don’t like that either.
My son uses a loom and has made quite a few surprising items.

7 Likes

Good idea! I was just looking at one at Wal Mart today! I think your suggestion is a very valid one.

7 Likes