Knitting recs?

Hello friends!

I want to get back into knitting after some time away, but there is so much information out there it is a bit overwhelming to figure out where to start. :sweat_smile:

Before I dive into myself fully, I was just wondering if the lovely knitters here had any recommendations or advice, from books that may be really informative to suggestions for blogs/YouTube channels/needles or just any resources you think I should check out - perhaps things you wish you had access to when you were just starting out ? If you have recs for beginner patterns on ribblr or elsewhere that you think would make for good practice, that would be welcomed, as well!

Thank you so much for reading and any suggestions; hope you’re all staying cozy. :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

very pink knits on youtube… she is amazing
and of course, I do have quite a few patterns that are beginner friendly and would be more than happy to hold your hand through it…Maybe a knit version of some of the slippers you did in crochet so you already understand the construction and sizing.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the recommendation; I will check her channel out shortly!

And that’s a fantastic idea; I would welcome your expertise, definitely. Now to decide which one to tackle!

3 Likes

Just reply on the invitation post so I can have them all in one place… But yeah, the crochet versions are nearly stitch for stitch the same as close as I could get to the knit versions… You might find that a lot less intimidating.

4 Likes

I will be sure to check out that post - thank you, again! It does sound less daunting attempting it that way and having something to sort of compare with.

4 Likes

i def rec trying out continental style knitting instead of english knitting bc the way the yarn is held in the left hand for continental is the same as how it’s done in crochet! might help to make the transition a bit easier :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you, Summer! I was just taking a peek at that. I remember awhile ago doing traditional (English) style and feeling like I was off somehow, so I’ll definitely experiment - I was also super slow, but that could just be due to my inexperience. Either way, appreciate the suggestion! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes