✨knitting..? 🫣✨

If you are confident in crochet, I would search the knitting style that holds the yarn in the same hand. For instance, I hold my yarn in my left hand (non dominant) so I chose Continental knitting (some times referred to as “picking”)
Luckily, you should already have a decent understanding of yarn tension, so that’ll help!
I would chose a yarn weight that you are already comfortable using with crochet (I did Worsted/4 because that was what I used the most when I started learning knit)… also know that most yarns are already twisted to work better for knit than crochet, so you don’t have to worry about that either. Really whatever yarn you usually use is probably a great starting point, unless it is novelty. You’ll want just a regular plied yarn- you can go super cheap and use Red Heart Super Saver, but I’d recommend checking Smart Value at Michael’s (similar price, but much softer to use…
(Not to self- promote, but) I always recommend a washcloth for a first because it’s small, quick, and no one cares if the rag they are using is a little wonky… I created 1 washcloth specifically for this idea, it helps with practicing cast on, knit, purl, and bind off, plus it has a # 1 to remind you it’s your first knitting project…
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

3 Likes