Lace workers?

I’ve been working on several lace patterns and I’m wondering if it may be worth it to put them through a round of testing. Any testers experienced with lace crochet about?

22 Likes

not experienced, but i’d like to learn!

10 Likes

You just inspired a great idea, @4dium - I think I’ll offer a lace sampler as a free pattern for those new to lace crochet. :heart:

As a reward, pm me when I post a paid pattern you like and I’ll gift it to you!

14 Likes

I’ve never tried to crochet lace patterns but depending on the due date, yarn needed and design I might be willing to help test, I believe I have some crochet thread that could be useful for it, not sure though :smile:

7 Likes

I work with Mercerized cotton to make doilies and I’ve made a couple of garments out of thinner yarn. If that’s what you mean by lace.
I would be down for testing if so

5 Likes

is lace working a part of crochet or knit? I don’t know what it is, but I would love to learn and expand my advancements throughout the years!

4 Likes

awww thanks! glad i helped :smiling_face:

4 Likes

My apologies, it’s lace crochet.

6 Likes

Okay, that’s what I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure, thank you for clarifying that! Have a nice rest of your day!

5 Likes

I also don’t have experience with lace crochet but I’m interested in and open to learning!

4 Likes

I’ve added a picture to my post to better illustrate the type of crochet I’m speaking of.

6 Likes

This is gorgeous! I have never mastered the super fine yarns or crochet thread…very interested in a tutorial if ever interested in teaching us newbies! Ya know start super simple and work our way down to super fine crochet thread! Like in school with the wide ruled paper then college ruled! :rofl:

6 Likes

Ooooo… I like it! Proper tutorials would be a tonne of work, so it’d be ages before I finished one, but I could easily put together simple tutorials using 2-3 weight yarn.

The biggest challenge with fine lace crochet is just eyesight and dealing with fiddly thread, so a tutorial using yarn that includes tips for working with lace thread would go a long way.

Thanks for the idea, @Cookie898! PM me when I post a paid pattern you like and I’ll gift it to you!

6 Likes

You are so sweet! Thank you! And this community is all about brainstorming and helping each other! At least thats what i think and feel everytime I’m on here. Good luck with your testing!

4 Likes

Yep I do this a lot so I would test :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Here is a great starting place for beginners to lace crochet:

Crochet lace is a crochet stitch pattern that uses chains along with double and treble crochet stitches to create beautiful openwork designs. This type of crochet works up more quickly than closed crochet stitches and because you have so much open space your yarn will go farther.

One of my favorite Crochet Blogs also talks about Irish Lace:

Hope this helps! Blessings
GG

7 Likes

i’d love to test a lace pattern! Haven’t tried, but i do know how to micro crochet!

5 Likes

its so beutiful i would love to test this i dont usualy make lace patterns but i would love to do this.
(Sorry i cant spell at all lol)

3 Likes

I don’t have much experience with lace but I’ve done a couple of book marks

4 Likes

I learned by making doilies. I am experienced. I would love to test patterns.

5 Likes