left handed/right handed crochet

Is anyone else a left handed person who crochets the right handed way? i was just curious to see if anyone else finds it easier : )

7 Likes

Yes I am!

6 Likes

thats cool! some other left handed people i know who crochet do it the left handed way but i find it so much easier the right handed way

6 Likes

My son is left-handed, but does a few things right handed… He cuts, throws, and use a computer mouse right-handed… I tried reaching him to crochet, first tried left and it did not go well, next tried right and he did better, but honestly he gave up so who knows which hand he would have used…

5 Likes

im similar to that! when i was 8 i wanted to learn guitar but failed miserably because my tutor wanted me to do it left handed. when i was ten i tried again but i was allowed to try right handed and it worked much better!!!

5 Likes

My mom is right handed and she taught me the basic chain stitch right handed, I’m left handed and I once tried to learn to crochet as a lefty and it did not go well :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I taught a friend a veryyyy long time ago but im right handed

5 Likes

Btw! If you had over to the accessibility menu you can choose a left hand mode which will show you our left hand tutorials

6 Likes

I didn’t even know that feature existed :exploding_head: you guys thought of everything!

6 Likes

me too!

4 Likes

I’m left handed too but i crochet the right-way! i tried doing it the left-way but it was pretty hard :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

i know right! when i first tried to learn how to crochet my friend tried teaching me left handed and it didnt go very well :sweat_smile: then 6 months later when i tried to crochet again i just used the right handed way :joy:

4 Likes