Let’s play a game!

Aw, what a love story!

7 Likes

Sage thoughts here! I don’t know why my brain likes to switch the s and d! :laughing::laughing:

7 Likes

Lol!!

5 Likes

Ooo I love this post of name orgin & meanings. Mines nothing too crazy, but essentially I couldn’t use my regular nickname because it was already in use for my personal account.

I tried being funny on Instagram and started off as “Knotty.Sin”, which was to imply knots for crochet and my last name is Sin; however, I found out very quickly that it was A VERY bad idea because I was getting nasty accounts trying to add me. I immediately changed my name to Knotted.Sin instead and that fixed the type of crowd i was attracting on insta :rofl:

9 Likes

Yea, you learned from that didn’t ya!!
Did you get any people trying to share the gospel with you, it almost reads Knotted In Sin!!

8 Likes

Lol, thankfully no, hahaha. I would have much rather that though over the other attention i was getting :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

6 Likes

Boring story…it’s my name. I always use my name and special numbers (dates) behind it. On here 1224 is my birthday
Bored Clapping GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

9 Likes

Love the clapper!! You got a sense of humor That I like!

7 Likes

My name comes from a nerd background and a mixture of a Nickname.

When I was younger I loved writing, and one of my female elven characters (who I eventually went to play DnD as a couple times) was named Aluriel - and for gaming, I wanted a similar name (I like the longer vowel sounds) but wanted something that sounded stronger. And, Alurial is a character name in one of the novels I’m working on. So I ended up changing my go-to name from Aluriel Linwood to Alyphira, and it kind of stuck. I’ve had this name on gaming platforms from about 2010 onward. It just transferred to my craft name as well as that was the community who first saw me delve into crochet.

9 Likes

I could write an essay about that but I’ll try to keep it short… XD

Winter is my name. Nightmare exists because I relate to nightmare in a lot of ways. They are often seen in a far more negative light than they deserve. There is also a good side, for me at least. This is coming from someone who experiences frequent nightmares, most the dreams I remember being some of them. It kinda became part of my identity.

11 Likes

I have a very dry sense of humor. “Bob Newhart humor” as my dad use to say. Only some people would get that :no_mouth:

7 Likes

I call my youngest grandson Bug. Because he is cute as a :bug:

8 Likes

My second child, eldest son, is Elijah-bug! He’s had so many different nicknames growing up, but this was his first, and still gets called that all the time by my mom (his Nonna). Sometimes we just call him but though, too.

9 Likes

Can I just say? I’m loving this topic post! It’s so interesting and fun to read everyone’s stories!

8 Likes

From gaming to crochet. Who woulda thunk it huh?

8 Likes

I knew the story behind your name was going to be interesting! Thanks for sharing!

8 Likes

so I was playing geometry dash and my username then was cottonc4ndy and my playr icon thingy was blue n pink but i had red n yellow so i changed to those colors and they were, like, firey colors and i added girl cuz im a girl

7 Likes

i use that username for about everything now

6 Likes

My nickname in middle school was Grimm. I was best friends with two boys and one of them had the nickname “Skully”. He started jokingly referring to me as the Grim Reaper because I went as the grim reaper for Halloween one year. Well that eventually shortened to just “Grim” and it stuck.

9 Likes