lets be positive~

hi everyone
so, ive seen a lot of sad things on ribblr recently, i think we need some positivity
so, write a positive letter of affirmation. not to anyone specific (or if it is, keep it anonymous), but generally to ribblr. and, tag anyone you think needs. a little positivity today (:
ill go first

dear whoever is reading this:
i might not know you very well. in fact, i may have never even interacted with you. but just know that you are loved. the world needs you. people need you. stay safe <3

25 Likes

dear the person scrolling through replies,
i hope ur day has been going well, if not iā€™m sry. thereā€™s not much we can do abt bad dayā€™s except for trying to make them better. so if ur having a bad day, try to cheer urself up a little. hopefully itā€™s not the end of the world, but if it is, ill be there for u. ik sm times u may feel like doing it but please donā€™t. the world needs u. ur friends need u, ur family needs u, and even if we havenā€™t ever met i need u. please stay safe :heart:

13 Likes

Hello to whoever is seeing this,
I would just like to say that your loved no matter what. People when theyā€™re mean are just upset that you can show that much sunshine even when youā€™re going through a dark time. You actually might be someoneā€™s ray of sunshine. You could be the only person that someone ever sees her talks to. To take these into consideration you are wanted, you are loved, and you are beautiful!

9 Likes

dear ribblr person,
idk who you are thatā€™s reading this but I just wanna say that you have such a high worth, and anyone who believes otherwise should fcuk off (respectfully ofc). never, ever, ever, change what u think ur value is for someone else, cuz they donā€™t deserve it, wether that be a partner, friend, teacher, parent, or anyone else. you are loved and you are enough, I love you <3
~xx mads
(ps; if you ever need someone to vent to my dms are always open and im here to listen to you <33)

11 Likes

all right, so, iā€™m gonna say it upfront: iā€™ve never been great with words or expressing how i feel. iā€™m sorry if this comes off the wrong way to anyone; i promise that wasnā€™t my intention. also a warning: iā€™m also gonna discuss (the topic of) su1cide pretty heavily in this. not anything graphic, mostly just in terms of the emotions attached to it, i think

(i do mention a few people towards the end, but this letter is meant for everyone)

i know that by the time that you get to the point of active su1cidal ideation, the standard positive phrases just donā€™t seem to work anymore, because you genuinely donā€™t believe them. itā€™s cold, lonely, and it really does feel like death is the only way out.

but, as many times as youā€™ve probably heard this already, i can promise you thatā€™s not the case. it may seem like a hell of a narrow path, but there is always another way out.

and hereā€™s where i start to ramble. hopefully this will kind of make sense:

about three years ago, back in the sixth grade, i had to write (some of) a novel for english. in my shitty divergent knock-off, i tried to explore the idea of existence in general; would things be any different if some people had never existed? would the world be exactly the same? who really mattered, in the grand scheme of things?

(ā€¦this is also about the time that my mental health began to decline pretty rapidly, which probably tied into the themes. covid-19 was rough)

anyways, it was hard to write. the more i wrote, the more contradictory it got. in trying to prove that my characters didnā€™t matter, i did the exact opposite: they mattered to each other, and to the world as a whole. their existence was what was keeping the entire ā€œoperationā€ afloat to begin with. if they had never existed, the story wouldnā€™t have happened, and the future wouldā€™ve played out differently. it was a flawed concept.

that being said, iā€™ve come to the conclusion that everyone has absolutely influenced other people. online, in person, wherever. thereā€™s something about the collective as a concept. everyone has a presence of some kind; at school, for example, even if you donā€™t fit into a specific ā€œrole,ā€ you still have a place. the students whose desks surround yours, those you pass in the halls every day, and those who share the lockers around yours, all know your presence. so much so that, if you were to vanish, theyā€™d notice. i can assure you that at least some of them would.

you are so, so much more than just your physical person. youā€™re the things you enjoy, the things youā€™ve made, your ideas, and everything else. and, the thing is, you can shape who you want to be. so long as you can still watch the sun rise, you can still see change in your life. as long as youā€™re surviving, you still have a chance.

please stay alive. keep living, even if that just means surviving. even if youā€™re just scraping by, day-to-day. death is a scarily permanent ā€œsolutionā€ ā€” and in the end, it only passes the pain on to someone else. you are not selfish for wanting to live or die. please just stay alive.

star, vees/slug, n, and h (though you arenā€™t on here): iā€™m thinking about you. iā€™ll keep thinking about you. i hope that you can find the help that you need; weā€™re rooting for you

(okay, itā€™s pretty late and iā€™ve got stuff to do tmrw, so i think itā€™s about time i go to sleepā€¦ sorry about the long-winded 12am post. hopefully it makes some sort of sense lol)

14 Likes

Hi Ribblr user
Ik life ifs hard but make the best of it sometimes itā€™s good to cry cause you are not weak you are so strong and Ik you can do it :muscle:

LY all :kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart:šŸ©µ:blue_heart::purple_heart::brown_heart::black_heart:šŸ©¶:white_heart:šŸ©·:cupid::gift_heart::sparkling_heart::heartpulse::heartbeat::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::heart::heavy_heart_exclamation::mending_heart::heart_on_fire:
I think that this are euhm to much emoticons but you are worth it
If you want to talk Iā€™ll be there for you :heart::heart::heart:

10 Likes

Thank you for bringing up this important topic, difficult to discuss but of critical importance

Many years ago I called 911 on myself because a guy I was dating turned out to be married. He had opted not to tell me; he got angry with the person who opted to tell me, like me, she may have found out the hard way that some people are sleezeballs and there is nothing you can do about that

It resulted in a long painful journey to dig myself out of that deep hole of depression. I eventually found my way out. My solution was to get job training and find gainful employment and becoming a contributing member of society. That lifted me up more than anything. The medication didnā€™t really work for me. Counseling helped as well.

13 Likes

Thank you for caring Iā€™m also not good at all with words but uhm I care about every person and I will notice if something is wrong because no one noticed when I was being not good mentally.

8 Likes

if got the same problem but now i have a friend who asks me if im alright even if he have problems

7 Likes

reading this made cry :sob:

6 Likes

awwww :people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging:

6 Likes

Hello ribblr ppl,
These are quotes that always touch my heart :heart:
Credits at the bottom ) some by me )

Itā€™s ok to cry when thereā€™s to much on your mind -
The clouds rain too when things get heavy.

Itā€™s hard to turn the page when you know someone wonā€™t be in the next chapter,
But the story must go on.

Sheā€™s gonna forever say ā€œI got thisā€ even with tears in her eyes. Be happy, cry, move on and smile, life wonā€™t last forever. Enjoy what you got :heart:

Amina mehwood.
Unknown
Inspo from unknown) Me :heart:

I hope these touch your heart!

7 Likes

omg ik amina mehmood i used that quote as inspiration for my poem

5 Likes

Her quotes are so inspirational!

6 Likes

trueee

5 Likes

Dear person reading this,
You are an amazing person capable of wonderful things. You matter and you are enough, you are loved and you are here for a reason! pls take care of yourself:people_hugging: :revolving_hearts:
~Vanessa

5 Likes

Dear reader
I may not know you, but you are amazing! I just know it! And I know everyone else does too! Keep being amazing :heart:

~Little <3

6 Likes

That was a lovely letter you wrote. Ya helped some random person on the internet today, so thank you :black_heart:10/10 quote btw, will be adding to to my notebook

7 Likes

Dear whoever you are,
You are amazing, talented, strong, kind, and you matter! ā€œNothing is impossible. The word itself says, ā€˜Iā€™m possible!ā€™ ā€œ -Audrey Hepburn
Do what makes you happy. Donā€™t let what others think of you get in the way, and as one of my teachers says, ā€œDonā€™t yuck their yum!ā€ Some people call me weird, and my honest reaction is, ā€œThank you : )ā€ Take weird as a compliment, and donā€™t let others get the best of you. Itā€™s ok to be weird. It just means youā€™re unique, funny, and a special person. Also, itā€™s ok to cry. I cry when Iā€™m sad, hurt, frustrated, stressed, confused, (or as I like to say, cornfuzzled) tired, and even just for no reason. ā€œCrying does not indicate that you are weak. Since birth, it has been a sign that you are alive.ā€ -Charlotte BrontĆ«. Think of tears as something that waters you to help you grow. Itā€™s ok to be upset, and sometimes you just have to get it all out before calming down, but staying upset wonā€™t change or help anything, so move on, even if itā€™s hard. Everyone goes through hard times, some big, and some small, but in the end, youā€™re not the only one so donā€™t be afraid to talk to others. Whoever you are, youā€™re doing great : )
I know Iā€™m just a random person on a random app saying random things about life, but I hope this brightens your day, encourages you, or makes you feel a little bit better. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

6 Likes

Dear anyone reading this,
Know you are special. You are loved irl and on ribblr. You make your community special. As amazing as you are, put yourself first when you need it. And if you need a friend or someone to talk to, Iā€™m here to help. Thatā€™s what friends are for.

6 Likes