Losing motivation to craft?

Is anyone else losing ‘motivation’ or ideas on what to craft? Or just generally not crafting as much as you tend to? When you finally find a project you just have no motivation. I don’t know if this is happening with anyone else, but it’s happening with me and it’s not fun when it happens :sob: Does anyone know any ways to get back into crafting?

28 Likes

Yes. I haven’t finished anything in the last month or so :sob::sob:

9 Likes

That happens to me a lot. Or I would get this feeling that I wanna make something and I can’t find anything good to make, or I just don’t wanna make it. It has been happening a lot to me recently, and it’s not because there is nothing good to make. Whenever I’m in need of something to do, I’ll come to Ribblr to see if there is anything I can make for free (and is easy for my mood). I might just get started on something and never really pick it up again to finish it.

11 Likes

I think that’s a normal feeling or at the very least that happens to me, I noticed this happens whenever I focus on one craft at a time or just do the same craft and nothing else, what I do is do other things, like just taking a break from crochet or playing some video games to give my brain a chance to recharge and I’ll eventually get a burst of energy to craft, this can be a slow or short process but it always works, also something that helps is looking at what others have made as it also helps me want to create something lol

Usually I also crochet something small and fast and that also helps since I tend to do big projects that get repetitive and boring after a while, doing something small helps make me want to crochet something else, I can’t say for sure what can help but it’s always good to take breaks small or big whenever you can so never feel guilty about not crafting and taking time to just relax :smile:

9 Likes

i definitely got this back after i was done with xmas gifts, (very early-mid december) and STILL, i have it. everyday im just really not seeking out picking up my hook and yarn, which sucks… but im slowly just doing orders or random projects to at least fulfill the crochet gist of things yk? im in the same boat lol

9 Likes

Organize your craft space. That includes color coordinating yarn, or buying crafting supplies

6 Likes

yeah same- but i have a bunch of tests soooooo yikes :grimacing:

5 Likes

I find that happens to me took a whole year and 3 months to finish my daughter blanket​:unamused: to get myself going I pick a quick( for other people) project that can be made in a weekend or so right now I’m making a cute monkey(I love monkey) to gift my coworker birthday end of this month. Sometimes you just have to take a break

5 Likes

This has been happening to me a lot lately

4 Likes

Me too :sob:
It’s really annoying bc I want to make things, I just can’t get myself to. I kinda think mine is bc it’s winter and cold out so my seasonal depression is making it harder for me to do things. I don’t know for certain though, I could just be going through a rough patch

3 Likes

Yeah :sob::sob: I feel literally the same as Kenzie lol

2 Likes

I hold myself accountable to someone, if this happens. Typically, I join a CAL (Crochet Along) or test a pattern.

3 Likes

Same here. When I have lost my motivation I will apply for them just to make myself do something. I don’t want to lose my momentum.
My daughter is hounding me to make a blinged out crock for a coworker and I have been procrastinating on getting it started. I have chosen all of the colors and what each part is going to look like, but I keep finding other things to make. LOL!!

2 Likes

I’ve had this happen.
Looking at other people’s makes always sparks my interest.
At the moment I have to make 15 monsters. I’ve just started number 7 and when I get fed up I either come on here and browse, play animal crossing or read a chapter of my latest book.
Seems to work for me

Hope it passes soon :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Hmm my best suggestion is to watch other people craft as they enjoy doing it. Sometimes, looking at other people’s success motivates me to keep going and not give up. You can mix it up like trying a new type of craft, or a pattern you think would but fun or interesting. If you’re still not motivated its a good idea to take a break so you don’t get burnt out. Believe me once you’re burnt out you may not pick up a craft for months or even years like me…not fun. The idea is to ENJOY crafting! If you’re not enjoying it then maybe its time to step back and do something else! Wishing you the best!

3 Likes

It has happen to me a lot especially when I feel depress. Is something inside of us that gets bored out of nowhere and I tend to take breaks before burn out of ideas and more.

2 Likes