Love Letters for July 12, 2023

I started writing this “Love Letters to God” in a longer thread format, and I realized that they weren’t getting a lot of reads, so I thought I’d post daily versions of them, that way more people would see them as new topics.

Today’s Love Letter comes from my own Jesus Journal (the 8th edition I have written), and I got a great revelation on words and The Name of Jesus. My base is this Scripture:

“There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people, and we must be saved by it.” -Acts 4:12

This tells us that it’s through believing in the Name of Jesus that we can be saved from our sins, which muffle and hold down the True, Holy Spirit within us.

I’ve spoken a bit about my own personal struggles on here, and I have been struggling lately with keeping my thoughts in check with God. I mean, these past 3 nights, I feel like I’ve become a completely different person, like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. It used to be way worse, but I’ve been feeling the temptations knocking on my heart’s door. Thoughts of what I would like to have (or what my flesh would like to have) tend to override my morality, and I feel so disgusting about it all…
But God doesn’t see that. He sees the Spirit within me fighting to get out of the mud I threw over it. He sees the Light He placed inside me, and He is so ready to save my soul from self-destruction.
I wanna work with God rather than against Him. And He showed me how simple it is to do that.

“Just like a baby animal, when it becomes distant from it’s parent, it calls out.”

"When you feel distant from Me, whisper My Name in loving trust." -Jesus Calling, July 12

So, when I finished writing this down, I remembered a song called “Whenever I Speak His Name” by The Imperials. (Yes I like them, a lot :laughing: ) When I was really fed up with my mind, I heard this song one night, and I knew it was God helping me. He reminded me that I just need to speak out His name and “all the burdens of my heart will roll away.”

I pray this song really helps and encourages you today as it has for me :heart:

Imperials - Whenever I Speak His Name - YouTube

5 Likes

Oh, this is so precious!

1 Like