Love Letters to God

:sunflower:In the mornings, before the sun comes up, (if I don’t sleep in, that is) I make coffee, get my Bible and my Jesus Journal out, turn on some Christian radio/Jesus music, and I pray. :sunflower:

But sometimes, the prayer won’t come out. Sometimes, I’m morose, broody, missing beloved ones, and overwhelmed. :woman_facepalming:

So, at times like these, I write out a “Love Letter” to God. It can be a poem, a song, even typography that puts my focus on God. :rose:

I created this topic so we can share daily quotes, poems, even artwork that helps us to connect with God. Feel free to share any inspirational words, Scriptures, quotes from books, songs or speakers, even things you’ve made yourself!

God bless all of your contributions!

6 Likes

For today’s Love Letter, I’m placing the link to a beautiful song in this post.

This song is called “Give Them All To Jesus”. It’s a classic Jesus Movement song that many artists covered, but my favorite is this version by The Imperials.

When I’m worried about stuff in life, I turn on this song, and it reminds me that I can just give it all to Jesus, and “He will turn (my) sorrows into Joy.”

So if you’re worried, and you’re overwhelmed with life, give this a listen. Remember that if it matters to you, it matters to God, too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:face_holding_back_tears: I really needed that, thank you! And I love this idea so much of the love letters!

3 Likes

You’re so welcome!!

Honestly, I’ve got a dream of starting a blog, but until I have the means and am ready, I figured I would experiment and test my writing here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

4 Likes

7-4-23

Today I felt like sharing something very personal that always helps me feel closer to God. I take a big deep breath and say:

He’s Here

And this reminds me, no matter where I am, who I’m with, or whatever is going on, God is there. Just knowing that He is there no matter the circumstances is so comforting to me, and draws me closer to His spirit.

So today no matter what is going on in your life, good or bad, just know He’s Here and He always will be. :relieved::raised_hands::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you for this today :heart:

Remembering that God is always with us is so helpful in life. It really helps me to slow down and be thankful for everything around me :seedling:

2 Likes

07-05-23

I get Joyce Meyer magazines in the mail, and I thought I would share this beautiful prayer with all of you​:heart:

Credit to Joyce Meyer Ministries, not my photo.

2 Likes

Today’s Love Letter comes from the Jesus Calling devotional for 7/10:

“I know the worst thing about you; but I also see the best thing about you.” -Jesus Calling, Sarah Young

This word really touched me today. I have dreams about my ex’s a lot, or even crushes I’ve had that are now long-gone. Even though I have buried the hatchet and rarely think about them anymore, these dreams tend to drag me down in the mornings and I feel so ashamed to sit at my desk and talk to God. But reading this today remind me that Jesus doesn’t care about the things I did before or the temptations I’ve fallen into, He just loves me.
Right now.
The me He saved.
His Beloved.

I pray that this Love Letter becomes personal between you and God in some way. Remember that no matter what you’ve done, where you’ve been, what you’ve been doing or have been into, even what you’ve been thinking or dreaming, HE JUST LOVES YOU.

" You simply love
Despite all the stupid things I’ve done
It’s hard to remember
That You simply love
Even though I know not what I’ve done
It’s hard to remember
That You simply love" -Simply - Pillar

2 Likes

Pillar- what a great band.

1 Like