Low vision cross stitch pattern rec?

Does anyone have any large cross stitch patterns? My mom loves cross stitch, she’s stitched designs on baby blankets for every kid in my family and her friend’s kids since before I was ever born, but lately, her vision’s gotten so bad she can’t see to do cross stitch and it absolutely breaks her heart. I want to find a nice big pattern for her, but I don’t know a thing about cross stitch. She works so hard and is a great mom and she deserves to have her favorite hobbies back.

11 Likes

I don’t have large cross stitch patterns, but I think you could blow up any pattern when printing and she could use larger yarn and canvas, it even goes up to rug size.
Plastic canvas work might be possible, too, depending on her eyesight.
That’s very kind of you to try to help someone continue doing the craft they love.

4 Likes

Simpler patterns would probably be easier to adapt at first. This sounds like something you might want to discuss with her and maybe try out some options together if you live close enough as a fun project.

3 Likes

The charts I make can be printed on one page, or more. So the pattern can be made bigger. I think most could. Just print on 4 sheets, or 6 or …

4 Likes

Also it may be time for her to create her own design. Could be really fun. Fill in a blanket with flowers.

3 Likes

I have had charts blown up on giant paper at a copy center when I needed to upgrade glasses but couldn’t afford them

2 Likes