Machine knitting

Are there machine knitters here?
Hope to find a small (or big) group to exchange experience :hugs: because machine knitting is handmade too :wink:

9 Likes

I want to get a knitting machine so bad!

5 Likes

Hope you will get one soon :slight_smile: they are fun!

6 Likes

I’m new to machine knitting, but I’ve taken a few online courses and I have a couple of flat bed machines

3 Likes

What’s the best one to get for a beginner!

3 Likes

I haven’t tried it yet but am definetly interested! What has your experience been like?

4 Likes

If you can get your hands on a complete set, I’d get a used/vintage lk140. The lk150 is still being made today and is the upgraded version, but it’s like $650 new. You should be able to find an lk140 for around $150. I got mine for $30!

4 Likes

I love it! If you’re thinking of going that route, take the machine knitting classes on the Craftsy website… you can get your first year membership for like $2.50 if you Google Craftsy discount membership.

It’s an initial learning curve, but it’s really not too bad. You can make simple things in basic stockinette very quickly and build on those skills over time by learning how to do hand manipulated stitches.

I highly recommend checking out anything by Susan Guagliumi. Her classes on Craftsy are what I learned from.

4 Likes

Thanks so much! I’ll bookmark this for when I’m ready!

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing!! @Lanita

3 Likes