market helpp!

hi ribblrs! i need help, for those who had a market before, I have a question(s)-

• what plushies are bestsellers and are not?
  • how do I price?
  • how do I attract customers?
  • and with the leftover plushies, should I sell them online?

that’s all, thank you for your help!

17 Likes

leggy frogs, bees, and chicks sold really well! easily recognizable animals that are simple tend to sell well (at least in my opinion/experience) (most especially leggy frogs, they were the only thing that sold out for me & they sold out like halfway through)
for pricing i prices based on ~vibes~ so i don’t know that im the best person to ask for that
a good setup goes a long way! and it can be super simple, just something that looks interesting and inviting- i used some old boxes covered in wrapping paper as little stands for my creations
if you want? honestly i gave them away to my friends but other options are selling them online or saving them for the next market you do

6 Likes

follow up question to @sakuracrochets 's:

how can i find a market???

5 Likes

1st - chickens, leggy froggies, dinos, turtles, axolotls, chicks and cows and really good sellers for me<3

2nd - it really depends on how you price- you basically just price by how long it takes, how much yarn/stuffing you use and what’s big or not

3rd - you have to have a decent set up to attract customers, but anything is fine.

( terrible pic my mom took :skull: )

4th - and yes, you should

5 Likes

What everyone said before me, and here’s a lil thing to attract customers:
If you have someone coming with you, make them pose as a customer! People are more likely to go to booths with people already shopping at them.
Hope this helps
<3

4 Likes

I found that putting the price on the items, or a sign next to them listing the price helped a lot. Some people can be a bit shy and don’t want to ask you what the price is.
I found the frogs sold well, leggy frogs and other plush frogs. But it may vary depending upon your area. Some people, their chickens sell out, but the other stuff sits. Some people it’s their little Dino’s that sell out. Or turtles. Or little mushrooms. I’ve also seen people mention that they made like one opossum or two and the right customer saw it and went nuts and had to have it.
I try to make a few things that are relative to the season, or next approaching holiday.
I also recommend printing out something that has how they can find your work or contact you, like if you have an instagram account, or maybe your Ribblr shop or an Etsy shop.
I made a few cards and printed them out on cardstock and cut them with a paper cutter at my last market and I had a lot of people take a card, even if they couldn’t really afford a plushie then and there.
If you did list them to sell later online, someone from the market may have more money and buy an item they were eyeballing at the market. If they are able to find you to do so.

My last market was around Halloween, so I went to the dollar store and grabbed some candy bowls and other small decor for my table set up. I put my small things in the bowl and it worked pretty well. I know the little wire crates on Amazon are really popular for market set ups but I didn’t have the extra cash to invest in them for the market.

2 Likes

keychains, bees, chickens, frogs

not too expensive

lots of colors and variety

sure why not!

2 Likes

That is so real​:rofl: I sell earrings with my sister. Our first market was a kids entrepreneur fair at a farmers market. A lot of my friends were there and I told them to stand in front of the table in a crowd for a few minutes so more people would come over.
Anyway…I really want to start selling my crocheted stuff soon so these tips are super helpful​:yellow_heart:

4 Likes