Maybe not reinvent the wheel?

I will figure out a way to this but thought maybe someone has already done this.
I have motifs already made that are squares. I am doing the scrappy cal and I want to crochet the motifs into the pattern.
Thoughts?

8 Likes

this is so cute it reminds me of this thing that I used to make as a kid called a gods eye

6 Likes

I’m not sure but depending on how many you got and how wide the project is, you might be able to like line them up as a row and just sew it together? Or if you have a few just kinda spread them out evenly and add stitches to the empty spaces?

Orrrr another fun but chaotic option, add them in the center and crochet around them (like on the right side and left side normal row/round) but I’m not sure if that might completely mess up the stitch count

5 Likes

I was thinking crochet up to the square, link it with ss , and then subsequent rows, do surface crochet on the square till you get to the row, and continue stitching.
Thoughts?

5 Likes

I think that’s a better version of my chaotic suggestion, I’m not sure how surface crochet would look but if it’s all on the same side then it might look cool

5 Likes

Yes

At school we are making them in art and craft
It was my idea, which my mum then took on to put them on a tree at school since she is a teacher at my school

I’ll take a photo later today and post it

6 Likes

6 Likes

I made the heart bunting last year, it took a while but it looks good

6 Likes

I figured it out’!!

7 Likes

Wow! that looks awesome!

5 Likes

Unless I can figure out a better hook, this project is being dumped. I can’t stand the way this yarn drags on my Susan Bates, even drags on my Furls Odyssey hook.
This yarn is shiny and has that slickness similar to Caron So Soft- which I don’t like either.
Suggestions anyone?

6 Likes

my granddaughter uses a wooden hook (very polished), she loves it. i’m not sure what the brand is :(.

6 Likes

I was thinking of a wooden hook too. My tension is tight, so when I used wood years ago, the smaller ones broke.

4 Likes

it’s even worse with a wooden hook. Too bad, it had some lovely colors. But not going to crochet with my teeth on edge the whole time.

5 Likes