more penpal ideas

so i know I’ve mentioned this a few times, but i am still preparing a package to mail my penpal. im going to send it to her in September and was wondering if anyone has any other ideas on things to give her. i would prefer they be light weight, but im open to all ideas. so far im giving her, a bracelet that matches mine, a crochet bunny and two fish for her siblings, a handwriting copy of my favorite poem, a couple postcards, some candy (undecided) and a bottle of dr. pepper. i really want this package to be special, but im just not sure on what else to add. any ideas?

20 Likes

Maybe her favorite snack (or just snacks if you dont know her favorite snack)

4 Likes

i was gonna try and get her some that aren’t available in her country

5 Likes

Ooo! Good idea!

3 Likes

yea! i hope she likes it

3 Likes

maybe like some dried flowers or like a feather or something? lightweight and potentially super unique :sparkles:

3 Likes

i would love to send her a dried flower, but i hear that stuff like that doesn’t go through customs well. a feather is a great idea tho!

3 Likes

ooo yeah you’re probably right, my bad :sweat_smile: At least a feather could work!! goodluck with your package!!

3 Likes

thank you :smiling_face:

2 Likes

of course! (also your status is amazing XD​:saluting_face:)

2 Likes

thanks lol, it’s been stuck in my head all day

3 Likes

not a bad song to have stuck in your head :sparkles:I feel ya tho, I’ve had Radiohead’s No Surprises stuck in my head for like two days :joy:

2 Likes

nothing like having a constant radio station in your head fr

2 Likes

it’s a blessing and a curse :fist:

2 Likes

fr :fist::pensive:

3 Likes

Handmade bookmarks maybe? I’ve mod posted some nice ones onto fabric and that sort of stuff! They’re really fun to made out of crochet too- maybe this would even help you get flowers through! If you layer dried flowers between clear packaging tape it looks so pretty

2 Likes

what size yarn would be good for a bookmark? that would be good since she likes to read

2 Likes

I use aunt Lydia’s crochet thread for more intricate designs, but anything up to weight 4 should work, I just recommend trying to use a smaller hook the bigger you go to avoid it being too chunky.

2 Likes

ah okay thanks!

1 Like

write a letter with it (hand written)

1 Like