Multi colored yarn

I was given yarn and loved the colors of it but when I crocheted it up the design of the colors didnt look quite right :sob:. Has this ever happened to you? I also have yarn that I thought I hated but when I started working it I actually like it a lot. Multi colored yarn keeps me guessing :woozy_face::rofl:

5 Likes

Yep! It drives me crazy sometimes. I usually pick variegated yarn when it’s within the same yarn line and designed within the same color palette as the solids.

It’s “GOT TO BE JUST SO!”

3 Likes

Sme majes just don’t work with it. :smiley:
Others it works just right.
Currently stash busting some vintage yarns I got gifted :smiley:

I usually prefer longer variegation strands though (I can’t remember the name of that :woman_facepalming:t2:)

7 Likes

Sometimes at least it seems to me, when using varigated yarn, the pattern gets lost in the yarn. Which is frustrating if you have a really pretty stitch pattern. For that type of yarn I stick with simple stitches, I don’t use much of that yarn, it is good in borders and trims, accenting the bringing the colors of the rest of the piece together. I am a yarn snob, and use the same things over and over again. I’ve tried other yarns but use my favorites, my finished pieces will come out as I expect them to. Keeping it simple.
The joy is in the making.

6 Likes

Is ombre the word you’re looking for? Your octopi are so cute!:octopus: And the shawl is gorgeous!

4 Likes

Thank you. Nope. Not the word :joy:
I just googled it: gradient
:joy::woman_facepalming:t2::joy::two_hearts:

4 Likes

Ohhh you were looking for gradient! So many different fancy words for things, sometimes you don’t know which is which!

4 Likes

:joy::smiley::two_hearts:

4 Likes