My pattern keeps beeing cut off??

hi!!

so I was writing up a pattern, and I completed it. I clicked save, and it came up with a warning that said something along the lines of ā€œPlease wait, weā€™re connecting.ā€ (I canā€™t remember exactly, sorry.)

So I didnā€™t touch anything and waited as it said. It then exited me out of the pattern, and I reopened it to view it, but a decent part of my pattern hadnā€™t been saved. I didnā€™t think much of it, and just rewrote it. But then the same thing happened again, but this time less was cut off.

Just wondering if this is a problem on my end, perhaps with my WiFi? Or if anyone else had this?

Itā€™s annoying to have my work go poof, but nothing I canā€™t rewrite <3

Edit: I tried rewriting it on my computer, twice, and nothing worked. iā€™m going to try again later.

12 Likes

Oh my iā€™m sorry itā€™s happening, I think this happens to me like one time but I canā€™t really remember. Hope you figure out the problem

2 Likes

thank you!! Iā€™m going to try using my computer and see if that helps <33

2 Likes

im sorry i have no idea, maybe do u have the pattern open on 2 devices idk
maybe @Ribblr can help!

2 Likes

I donā€™t, I tried closing it on my phone and then editing it on my computer, but I had the exact same problem. Thanks for the suggestion, though<3 iā€™m just going to wait and see if it fixes itself or we hear back from Ribblr !!

1 Like

alright sounds good!

1 Like

You need to click the save button every so often. It looks like a back button but it saves your stuff. I think thatā€™s how i got it to fix but if that doesnt work i have litteraly no clue

2 Likes

yeah, i did try saving it more frequently. it just cut me off sooner then. thanks, though. <33

1 Like

Maybe try restarting your computer and phone or restarting the ribblr app? Sometimes the problem is just that your device needs to be restarted

1 Like

I think I found the problem;
I was trying to use an emoji in the part where youā€™d usually put round numbers, which I think must have messed it up.

If my conclusion is correct, it would be nice if this was added somewhere more obvious for people like me. I could have just completely missed where it says this, iā€™m not sure.
@Ribblr sorry to bother you, but is what I think the problem is true??

Yes. This isnā€™t supported right now

1 Like

It should automatically save though? Or at least last time I wrote my pattern on Ribbuild it automatically saved it

1 Like

thank you!!