[CLOSED/Abandoned] My Year-long Scrapghan CAL progress

Ok, so a challenge was put forth to use stash/not buy yarn. I commented that I joined a CAL on Facebook that is 14 squares released every 3 weeks, make 4 of each design to make a blanket of 56 (7x8) squares at the end of the year. I’m using only stash, so it’ll be a scrapghan…
I figured I’d keep anyone that is curious updated here in one place (I also update my Instagram and Facebook page, but this way anyone in here that wants to follow the journey can do so easier…)
So here was my original yarn/square numbers layout, each square will get photographed and added to the collage until all are done, then I’ll do a final update once joined…

(I do have to switch the bottom left corner 3 to pink and the top right (almost) corner 6 to blue so that I don’t have any square design having the same color)

13 Likes

Here was week 1, I finished just before week 2 was released

10 Likes

Week 2 was finished just after week 3 was released, but to forever to block and photograph

10 Likes

And week 3 that I finished just after week 4 was released, photographed day after week 2 haha

(I’ve just started week 4 and the new design will be out Tuesday :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:)

11 Likes

Really like this pattern!!

8 Likes

Thanks, me too… But wait until you see the next square! (You can cheat and go here if you wanna see before I get mine done)

7 Likes

That square is awesome too!!

7 Likes

I love it

I’m going to make this one day

6 Likes

Here is the full CAL… Only 4 designs have been released, so 16 squares, if you want to catch up and follow along! (It’s free if you wait for each release)

8 Likes

I haven’t forgotten about updating… I’m almost done with the 4th square of design 4, but my daughter’s Christening blanket has taken precedence
(Here’s my post explaining this difficulty haha)

7 Likes

Here’s a long overdue, but not great update…
I’ve slowly been working on the squares, but haven’t had much chance to properly block and photograph (or for the last 4 squares I made, haven’t even buried the ends yet​:woman_facepalming:t3:)… So here is a crazy pic of the designs 4 & 5… I think design 10 has already been released, so I really need to catch up :woman_shrugging:t3:

10 Likes

its looking so good!

5 Likes

Thanks, I’m having fun with it… Just wish I had more time hehe

6 Likes

yeah thats always the problem! i always commit to a massive project and then either run out of yarn or cant keep up. i started a 330 granny square blanket and im 40 in but now ive run out of yarn :sob::sob:

4 Likes

I’m either AMAZING at sticking to it, or TERRIBLE… There seems to be no in between… I usually don’t start something unless I have all the yarn in the beginning so that’s not my usual problem… It’s either time, or startitis :laughing:

5 Likes

i always run out of yarn :disappointed::disappointed:

4 Likes

I should try this sometime but I am already doing a scrap yarn Belanger maybe next year

6 Likes

From my understanding it’ll always be available :grin:

5 Likes

Haha, it’s so funny. I started following the stitch a long page when it started. I haven’t crocheted any of them yet, but I’ve saved all the patterns.

Can’t wait to see your finished project @OBabyNMore

4 Likes

Sorry everyone that was following along… I got super behind and the website that had all of the links to the patterns was shut down so I lost interest in trying to find the patterns that I had remaining… So last week while I was going through yarn to give away, I decided to toss the squares that were done into the bag… So someone else has them and can put them together/ add to them/ whatever they want…
Sorry!!!
@Leaders this can be closed, thanks

6 Likes